ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Nexo PS10R2 Vs L'acoustics Help  (Read 11192 times)

Jason Raboin

• Klondike Sound
Re: Nexo PS10R2 Vs L'acoustics Help
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2018, 08:46:08 PM »

I'm a dealer, so grain of salt, but if I were doing this now I would get a Fulcrum CCX1295 with a yoke over CSP118 powered by a Linea Research 44M10.  Amazing DSP, sound quality, and better pattern control than anything else mentioned due to the passive cardioid technology.  Also going to cost a LOT less than D&B or L'acoustics.  Probably closer to the Nexo in terms of cost.
Jason Raboin
Partner
Klondike Sound

Tom Harrison

« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2018, 01:33:08 AM »

I am very much a nexo fan and have owned both generations of the PS10 cabinet and used about every box they have made.  Theyre great.  Theyre not even close to as good as the L'acoustics.  I think the L'acoustics are the second best box made right behind the D&B V series.

How's the Y series compared to the V series? Same sonic footprint but less SPL? How do you best describe the d&b sound compared to L'acoustics?

Tom Harrison

« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2018, 01:46:27 AM »

I echo the above comments on Nexo, a bit long in the tooth these days and there are better options at this price.  The kv2 ex12’s are a great option at reasonable prices, however, they may not be easily obtainable where you are.  DB audiotechnik Y series are great as are the V, but V is a lot more money.  Fulcrum boxes have a great reputation and though I’ve never heard them personally a lot of people I respect rate them and I’ve never heard anything but good comments suggesting that they are among the best small point source boxes out there.  I’ve heard many good L’acoutic systems, but they are not my personal favourites, I always find that they sound very good, but I don’t get excited about them, make of that what you will.

Good luck!

Now that the Y series came into the picture. pair of Y10p/Ysubs/D20 would be about 25K, thats 10K more than the similar LAcoustics point source set up. How would you justify the big gap in price? Do they sound that much better or this is depends on the market and cross rentals, etc? 

Roland Clarke

« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2018, 07:49:09 AM »

Now that the Y series came into the picture. pair of Y10p/Ysubs/D20 would be about 25K, thats 10K more than the similar LAcoustics point source set up. How would you justify the big gap in price? Do they sound that much better or this is depends on the market and cross rentals, etc?

Well budget wasn’t mentioned and I think you could get into the y series for a bit less than you mentioned above, for example going with B6 subs.  My personal choice is d&b over l’acoustic generally, but others will have other choices.  KV2 offer some excellent systems the ex12’s which are great for the money. 

I think with the continued recommendations for the fulcrums I would try and get a listen to them.

All the above depends a lot on what you need the system for, whether you are planning to rent to customers that are specifying riders, size of events vs spl required, I feel these are only questions you can answer for yourself.

Lance Hallmark

• Tampa Bay, FL
    • Hallmark Events & Entertainment
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2018, 12:53:42 PM »

Another one to look into if you can would be JTR.  I have a pair of the Noesis 3TX & Orbit Shifters and the sound quality is superb. Paired with Captivator 212Pro or Orbit Shifter subs would be a high sound quality solution with the ability to cover most rooms. I also second the Fulcrum Acoustic and Danley SM80 choices recommended above.
----------------------------------------------------
Lance Hallmark
Hallmark Events & Entertainment
Chamsys, Crown, Danley, EV, JTR, Powersoft, Yamaha

Edvardas.Key

« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2018, 03:08:30 PM »

i think, the matter and purpose is only one - to hear everything like it front of you in few meters. Everything else is only a taste. So i think nexo, d&b, l acoustics, meyer doing this job pretty the same.

Tom Harrison

« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2018, 09:22:17 PM »

I am not sure how you narrowed your search down to those 2 systems, but, if sound quality is your only criteria and powered boxes are an option, I suggest you listen to Fulcrum Acoustics FA22AC and TS215AC.  This is the sweetest small point source system I have ever heard.

I'm still search for a system. The water is quite muddy at this top tier. I'm looking at L'acoustics X12, Meyer UPJ-1P,Fulcrum FA22AC. I have eliminated Adamson and Nexo out of contention. d&b is also eliminated due to excessive cost. To my surprise, Fulcrum is the most expensive of them 3! Now we're talking about $5-6K per cabinet. L'acoustics are not expensive at all with aggressive discounts from dealers. I don't know if Fulcrum sounds better than the other 2 to justify the cost (over $1000 difference). I don't know. I'm stilling searching and debating myself. Another option, maybe a superior one, is Fulcrum DX1295 with Linea Research 44M10 amp. I heard that's even better than the FA22AC with the Powersoft module in the back. I'm not looking to save a few bucks, I'm just saying. I'm looking for the best sound I can afford and of course this is tough to do. Anybody that have heard X12 vs Fulcrum and can offer some perspectives let me know. Maybe it will come down to them 2, Meyer just doesn't have enough juice until you go UPQ-1P.

Caleb Dueck

• Sierra Vista, AZ
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2018, 01:48:08 AM »

I'd look harder at Fulcrum DX12xx and DSP amp instead of self powered - that amp module is very pricey without any real value other than - you get to run twice as many cables per speaker.  Also look at TW Audio T24N if you need more output, although it is more expensive than DX12xx.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Experience is something you get right after you need it.

Uniz Kazz

« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2018, 07:09:42 PM »

I’ve heard many of the boxes and there’s a lot of great choices here. Would still take SH50/SM60F/SM96 over all the mentioned so far. If you want to carry less boxes give the SM80F a look. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weogo Reed

• Western NC,
    • LiveEdge
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2018, 11:21:29 PM »

Hi Tom,

What kind of coverage are you looking for?
Pretty much all the boxes noted here sound very good to excellent on-axis.
For some of them, off-axis just isn't the same.

Are you working venues with good acoustics?
If you work any that have mediocre acoustics, the bigger, horn-loaded boxes are
going to be better for putting sound where you want, and not on the walls/ceiling.

Danley would be my first choice, and the bigger KV2 boxes second.

Thanks and good health,  Weogo

I’ve heard many of the boxes and there’s a lot of great choices here. Would still take SH50/SM60F/SM96 over all the mentioned so far. If you want to carry less boxes give the SM80F a look. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2018, 11:21:29 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 25 queries.