ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Anybody have a line on any jobs available?  (Read 3233 times)

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
Anybody have a line on any jobs available?
« on: June 16, 2018, 05:35:37 PM »

I need to leave my current job as soon as possible. Things here have gotten insufferable here and I need to move to something else for the betterment of my own spiritual and physical well-being. I figure I will have to either get an audio job out of state, go on tour, or it's time to open my barbecue trailer.

I'm going to give this audio thing one last chance. I'm looking for full time work, hopefully with benefits.

Anyone have a line on any full time jobs? House jobs, design and install jobs, touring jobs, recording studios, anything?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 05:38:14 PM by Justice C. Bigler »
Justice C. Bigler
Business Rep, IATSE Local 354
www.justicebigler.com

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
Re: Anybody have a line on any jobs available?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2018, 05:56:55 PM »

I need to leave my current job as soon as possible. Things here have gotten insufferable here and I need to move to something else for the betterment of my own spiritual and physical well-being. I figure I will have to either get an audio job out of state, go on tour, or it's time to open my barbecue trailer.

I'm going to give this audio thing one last chance. I'm looking for full time work, hopefully with benefits.

Anyone have a line on any full time jobs? House jobs, design and install jobs, touring jobs, recording studios, anything?

Have a Resume?
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2018, 05:58:49 PM »

Have a Resume?
Of course.

Where shall I email it to?
Justice C. Bigler
www.justicebigler.com

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2018, 06:07:27 PM »

Is relocation an option?
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2018, 06:08:46 PM »

Is relocation an option?
Right now, everything is an option.

There's exactly no audio work in Oklahoma, so...
Justice C. Bigler
www.justicebigler.com

Cailen Waddell

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2018, 06:10:49 PM »

I don’t have anything at the moment... but a word of advice.  When I’m hiring our full-time with benefits technician positions - one of the first things I do when I’ve culled applications down to the interview set is google the names. 

While I’m obviously not in your shoes and have no reason to doubt your current issues with your employer - you have a pretty long history of detailing your frustrations here on the forums.  No doubt this would come up in a google search.  It might give a hiring manager pause.  Food for thought.  At the very least be prepared in interviews to answer questions like: “Why do you want to leave your current job”. It’s a question I ask any applicant when it appears they are making a lateral move.  Find a way to put a positive spin on your experience, find a way to have an “acceptable” reason for leaving without unloading the baggage of how long you have been there.  Believe me - it can take an otherwise positive interview and turn it in to something else. 

Also - join Lori’s theater jobs on FB.  Lots of good posts there with a good deal of full time house / educational gigs.

I’m sure you know all the touring outfits and have a good sense of what a modified pink pays - that’s where you would no doubt land if you seriously pursued a touring gig.  That said - touring is a young persons game.  I’m 36 and feel like I’m too old to go back on the road full time.   I suppose the sweet gig would be on an advance team for one of the large shows.  Less regular travel - but enough weeks on a pink to get your health insurance.  Then you can freelance the rest of the time. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2018, 06:16:06 PM »

- you have a pretty long history of detailing your frustrations here on the forums.  No doubt this would come up in a google search.  It might give a hiring manager pause.  Food for thought.  At the very least be prepared in interviews to answer questions like: “Why do you want to leave your current job”. It’s a question I ask any applicant when it appears they are making a lateral move. 
I've also been very careful not to mention specific names of people or organizations on my public posts. Even my personal blog which has the most direct access to my information is purposefully vague most of the time.

No one leaves jobs that they like or that treat them well.
Justice C. Bigler
www.justicebigler.com

Cailen Waddell

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2018, 06:17:08 PM »

I've also been very careful not to mention specific names of people or organizations on my public posts. Even my personal blog which has the most direct access to my information is purposefully vague most of the time.

No one leaves jobs that they like or that treat them well.

All fair points and I wish you luck in your quest.  One of my good friends in an Oklahoma refugee here in NC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2018, 02:42:08 AM »

What is a modified pink?

Something union I'm guessing?

. . .you know all the touring outfits and have a good sense of what a modified pink pays . . .
Bad Quail
Sound + Light + Image
Joshua Tree, California
Authorized Dealer for all this stuff

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2018, 04:49:53 AM »

What is a modified pink?

Something union I'm guessing?
Yes, the highest paying of the IA touring contracts, used for first run Broadway tours. The most pay per week, full per diem, extras for work calls and rehearsals, or Monday loadins, etc... It's good money if you can get it. I know guys on pink contracts that make well over $100 grand a year on the road.
Justice C. Bigler
www.justicebigler.com

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2018, 04:49:53 AM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 25 queries.