ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: FOH Canopy / Tent KD??  (Read 8146 times)

Bob Faulkner

• Raleigh, NC
Re: FOH Canopy / Tent KD??
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2018, 07:10:51 AM »

This is probably all I need, but I am frequently alone for the early part of the setup.  Can this be set up by a single (tall) person, in a reasonable amount of time?
In my experience, any tent labeled as a "pop up" can easily be setup with one-person.  I've had 3 tents over the past 20 years, all "pop up", and all were setup by myself at every event.  Depending on if the canopy has to be placed on the frame (like some models) or if the canopy is already attached to the frame (like EZ-Up), it can range from 2 min. to 5 min. for setup.

Michael Lascuola

• WoodlawnSound.com
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2018, 07:55:35 AM »

Great news - thanks for the info Bob!
Colorado Springs, CO

Mal Brown

« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2018, 10:58:31 AM »

The KD 10x10 would be a stretch for 1 guy in my experience...

Haven’t yet run into a white only environment but I’m adding a white logo’less top anyway as there are sometimes when my logo top seems inappropriate... I did go a little overboard on the logo... in retrospect I should have toned it down.

Whatever you get, make sure it is one the center peak, vented design if wind is a consideration.

Bass player, sound guy.
FB Gorge Sound and Light
FB Willyand Nelson
FB SideShow

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2018, 11:36:43 AM »

This is probably all I need, but I am frequently alone for the early part of the setup.  Can this be set up by a single (tall) person, in a reasonable amount of time?
I can do it solo, but I usually accost a couple of passers-by to help for a minute.
Tall not required.

Bob, on the inside tarp sag issue, Poke a hole in the center and bungee it to the center of the pop up.
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Steve Ferreira

« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2018, 01:12:24 PM »

I have a 10'x15' canopy like the KD XTF series. I got the top in white with company name on all 4 sides, sand bags and 1 wind wall. I have had this canopy for about 10 years now and have never had a problem with rain getting through it. I leave the canopy top on even when storing it. Just close it up and put it in the bag. I should buy the 3 other walls to seal it off at night during multi day events. Very happy with my purchase.

Bob Faulkner

• Raleigh, NC
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2018, 01:33:27 PM »

I can do it solo, but I usually accost a couple of passers-by to help for a minute.
Tall not required.

Bob, on the inside tarp sag issue, Poke a hole in the center and bungee it to the center of the pop up.
Thanks for the tip.  So, I need a sacrificial tarp... I have a couple I could use.  The center of my tent has the "center push rod" along with trussing that supports the center rod.  From what you are saying, I could actually tie it off on multiple areas.

I have a 10'x15' canopy like the KD XTF series. I got the top in white with company name on all 4 sides, sand bags and 1 wind wall. I have had this canopy for about 10 years now and have never had a problem with rain getting through it. I leave the canopy top on even when storing it. Just close it up and put it in the bag. I should buy the 3 other walls to seal it off at night during multi day events. Very happy with my purchase.
Thanks.  The canopy I have is apparently water resistant, and not actually water-proof.  Where I'm located, it's common to get a huge downpour for about 1 minute... and then it moves on.  I noticed water seeping from all areas of the canopy, but could not find any holes.  After that, I always have tarps ready to deploy over the gear, even when under the tent.  I'm glad the XTF has been working for you... it's on my list.

TomBoisseau

« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2018, 03:00:24 PM »

A slight deviation here, but is there no one out there making "sun shades" for the most popular digital consoles? 

I'm using mainly the Yamaha QL1 and QL5.  Granted, no one's going to get richt manufacturing such a device, but I'm still surprised no one is doing it.  Actually, it would be nice if the individual console manufacturers would offer them!

Tom

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2018, 03:13:51 PM »

A slight deviation here, but is there no one out there making "sun shades" for the most popular digital consoles? 

I'm using mainly the Yamaha QL1 and QL5.  Granted, no one's going to get richt manufacturing such a device, but I'm still surprised no one is doing it.  Actually, it would be nice if the individual console manufacturers would offer them!

Tom

But then they'd have to admit there is a problem.
I cut up some black foam core to make a sunshade around my Si.

Bob Faulkner

• Raleigh, NC
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2018, 03:19:50 PM »

I cut some heavy cardboard; taped the ends of each cardboard together to create a tri-fold, then painted everything flat black.  When not in use, it folds up to about 1" thick.  When I need it, it just unfolds into 3 sections - presto.

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2018, 11:28:21 PM »

I cut some heavy cardboard; taped the ends of each cardboard together to create a tri-fold, then painted everything flat black.  When not in use, it folds up to about 1" thick.  When I need it, it just unfolds into 3 sections - presto.
That's what I did, just with foam core.  The art store had some that was black on one side and white on the other, so it looks nice.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2018, 11:28:21 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 25 queries.