ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to keep tops from rotating  (Read 5684 times)

Roch Lafleur

• Ottawa, ONTARIO
Re: How to keep tops from rotating
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2018, 11:46:54 AM »

Another happy SM80/BT-12/K&M crank distance rods here. I had the same problem when I first got the SM80s. They would spin around sending sound either away from the front of the stage or towards the stage, sometimes creating feedback. I used gaff tape to hold them in position, then ratchet straps. My life has been much easier since the BT-12s arrived. I use them even if I don't need to tilt the speakers to prevent the spinning. They are also amazingly built tilters. They weren't cheap once I paid for shipping, duty, taxes and converted to Cdn$, but totally worth it.
DSL SM80 (2), DSL TH118 (4), db Technologies DVX DM-12, JBL PRX615M, Behringer X32, X32-C, Crown MAi, QSC PLX

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2018, 02:28:49 PM »

:D    Mine still win the lowest cost option....
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Riley Casey

• Wash DC
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2018, 02:50:50 PM »

Take out what ever plastic cap fills the end of the stand tube so that the speaker socket rests on the aluminum tube end. See Gordian Knot.

Gilbert Medina

« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2018, 02:16:01 AM »

I use a method I have been doing for years - cost?... zero.

I take old plastic containers - like those that contain vinegar, oil, sauce etc and when  it is empty, I cut small pieces out of them about 3" by 1" and round off the edges to make small shims.  I get dozens from one container.
Because the container is already curved, the shape of the shims is perfect.  I take them to shows in a  baggie and once the speakers are positioned, I slot them up into the top hat positioning them at the back so they cannot be seen - usually 2 is enough. Takes a second and costs nothing. If I don't end up getting them back - oh well I gots me plenty more.......
That is a great idea Debbie, I am going to try this on my 815's...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2018, 09:34:19 AM »

After 2 gigs, I am super happy with these Danley SM80s.  I am getting even, articulate sound at a reasonable volume, using relatively little power.

However, with occasional wind gusts, I am experiencing a "sail" effect, which rotates the speaker in the K&M crank stand.  I used a temp fix with gaff tape, but I'd like to see if anyone is using a more elegant solution.  Some thoughts include a grooved plastic piece on the top of the pole, or something more drastic to keep it from rotating.

Thanks!

I just crack a few Solo cups up and slide 1 or 2 pieces up in the back between pole and top. Easy to size as needed. They seem to be everywhere........   ;-)

Douglas R. Allen

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2018, 09:44:25 AM »

That is a great idea Debbie, I am going to try this on my 815's...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

U R welcome...with all the costs associated with accessories in this business - let alone the equipment itself - you gotta love something thats free but actually works!
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2018, 09:44:25 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 20 queries.