ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2 x dl16s and 2 × M32s  (Read 1671 times)

Scott Trouwborst

2 x dl16s and 2 × M32s
« on: June 09, 2018, 07:28:55 PM »

I'm  attempting to run 2 dl 16s and m32s, foh and mon. Patched according to the manual, foh into aes A on dl16 A then Aes B to Aes a on dl16 b then aes b into the monitor desk aes a. The foh desk works correctly but the patch at monitors is crossed. Has any one experienced or fixed thus?

Thanks ST

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: 2 x dl16s and 2 × M32s
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2018, 08:14:07 PM »

I'm  attempting to run 2 dl 16s and m32s, foh and mon. Patched according to the manual, foh into aes A on dl16 A then Aes B to Aes a on dl16 b then aes b into the monitor desk aes a. The foh desk works correctly but the patch at monitors is crossed. Has any one experienced or fixed thus?

Thanks ST

"...but the patch at monitors is crossed."

What are the expected results for each DL16 and what are the actual results?
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Corey Scogin

• Birmingham, AL, US
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2018, 09:55:36 PM »

The DL16 outputs would come from the FOH console in your arrangement. See the diagram below for confirmation of that.

I'm pretty sure the standard setup is:
DL16 -> DL16 -> M32 -> M32

Scott Trouwborst

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2018, 10:18:18 AM »

Tim, my expectation would be the channels would all show up in the same spot as the foh desk. For example click was supposed to be on ch 23 but its also showing up on 3 and 7 and 11. The routing on the console reads correctly but the audio says otherwise. Also outputs work correctly, foh desk uses the dl16s and monitors uses the onboard.

Corey Scogin

• Birmingham, AL, US
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2018, 04:37:49 PM »

Tim, my expectation would be the channels would all show up in the same spot as the foh desk. For example click was supposed to be on ch 23 but its also showing up on 3 and 7 and 11. The routing on the console reads correctly but the audio says otherwise. Also outputs work correctly, foh desk uses the dl16s and monitors uses the onboard.

DL16 B is not passing DL16 A's inputs to the monitor console, it's only passing its inputs because the signals coming into its A port are the FOH returns. The input routing and passthrough within the DL16s is not adjustable. In your scenario, DL16 A is passing the FOH console output group to DL16 B, not sending it's own inputs to DL16 B. If it did, the FOH output group would not get passed down the chain to arrive on DL16 B's outputs.

You should connect the two M32s together and set the routing to accomplish what you need - the monitor console can pass FOH outputs directly to the DL16s and DL inputs directly to FOH.

Scott Trouwborst

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2018, 12:52:11 PM »

Corey,
    What would the correct settings be? I did connect the monitor desk to the B connection on the FOH desk and I couldn't get any of the inputs to work.

Thanks,
 ST

Corey Scogin

• Birmingham, AL, US
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2018, 05:40:21 PM »

Corey,
    What would the correct settings be? I did connect the monitor desk to the B connection on the FOH desk and I couldn't get any of the inputs to work.

Thanks,
 ST

If the FOH and monitor consoles are both connected on AES50B:

On the monitor console, set AES50B 1-8 output to AES50A 1-8 source, B 9-16 to A 9-16, and so on.
This routes the incoming inputs from the stage boxes on A to the FOH console connected to B.

On the FOH console, it's just like the stage boxes were connected. Set Local 1-8 to AES50B 1-8, Local 9-16 to AES50B 9-16, and so on.

Not sure what you have in the FOH console AES50A in how you have it set up but you could use it instead.

The outputs from FOH will need to be routed too. That can be done on the monitor console in the same way just going the other direction. AES50B to AES50A.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2018, 05:40:21 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 25 queries.