ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Resistance is futile - iPad Pro advice?  (Read 3999 times)

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
Re: Resistance is futile - iPad Pro advice?
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2018, 06:58:42 AM »

And it appears as though rates may have been adjusted upwards since Jeff purchased his.  AppleCare was offered for my iPad Pro purchase at $99 - but, as to the accidental coverage:

Coverage for up to two incidents of accidental damage from handling of your iPad, each subject to a $49 service fee plus applicable tax

That's the way mine is too.  Since there was no visible damage to the screen they were just nice and labeled my incident as a product defect and not accidental damage, which then would have cost me $49 as you mentioned.  You're right though - it's an insurance policy, and like most insurance policies there's a deductible of sorts that you pay for certain incidents.  If my iPad lived on a desk I probably wouldn't bother with the AppleCare+, but since it's always out in the field I like having the piece of mind that a split-second accident won't set me back $599.

I believe you have 60 days from the date of purchase to sign up if you'd like.  To each our own on the necessity of it, but given that I usually buy my devices "new" it's a small price to pay on an already expensive product to ensure I'll get at least 2yrs of use from it. 

DavidTurner

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2018, 05:02:54 PM »

It used to be that one could purchase the extended warranty any time before the original expires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2018, 05:43:05 PM »

It used to be that one could purchase the extended warranty any time before the original expires.

And I believe that's still the case for AppleCare, but AppleCare+ must be within the first 60 days.  At least to me the (+) is what really makes the extended warranty plan worth it.

Dave Pluke

• Northwest GA, USA
    • BIGG GRIN Productions
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2018, 12:15:30 PM »

You cannot change what in the PC world is memory. Newer has more.

Again, my sincere appreciation goes out to all those who have chimed in.

I heeded your collective advice and got the newer version, 12.9" Pro with 64GB of storage.  It arrived today and appears brand, spanking new.  Also nice to know that Industrial Designers find gainful employment at Apple (every detail, down to cable wrap and box seal, is a work of art).  Just topping off the battery and updating firmware now.

Still a reluctant "convert", but refurbished direct from Apple was definitely the way to go!

Dave
...an analog man in a digital world [tm]

Flying direct to nearly everywhere out of ATL

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2018, 02:27:44 PM »

I have owned 4 iPads starting with gen2. Currently I use an iPad air for lights and iPad pro 9.7" for sound.
Last time I checked, the iPad pro is a much faster processor than the others - even the 5th gen version. I can tell when I compare things like lighting software. The hit on the software button is almost instantaneous with the iPad pro - not so with the others. Even the iPad air has a slight lag. Might not matter too much using mixing software but navigating around on it for other stuff is much faster too.
The screen although not much bigger than my old one, feels bigger overall - makes a difference and the screen resolution is nice and clear so you might be surprised just how well you can 'fat finger' your way around it - LOL.

I just realized mine is the 10.5" version - not the 9.7... oops.
Pleased to hear you got your iPad Dave - have fun!!
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2018, 02:27:44 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 25 queries.