ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: call signal interface  (Read 1705 times)

Brian Hancock

call signal interface
« on: October 11, 2018, 11:41:43 AM »

guys got a question that hopefully someone can lend some knowledge to.

looking at sending 4 ch of standard tw clear com over fiber, i can make everything 4 wire on each end and send over an existing cobra-net infrastructure. question comes in when trying to relay call signals ... clear com makes a 4 ch hybrid which would work fine on each end IF4w4, but it doesn't have the necessary serial connections for call lights, alternately i don't see anything about it but could i use the FSII base gpio to relay calls? on one end ...

whats the best way to do this if there is one? ... 8 x ef-701m's would work but then i need 4 separate serial lines ... can this be done over ip suggestions? 

finally seems like the LQ boxes could handle this and sent over ip and eliminate the need for the cobranet all together, but would probably need to carve out the network space ... anyone with experience with these boxes?

Aram Piligian

Re: call signal interface
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2018, 02:51:48 PM »

I've used the LQ boxes a whole bunch, both with Helixnet and standalone (and with Freespeak too). Glad to answer any questions.

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2018, 08:44:37 PM »

I've used the LQ boxes a whole bunch, both with Helixnet and standalone (and with Freespeak too). Glad to answer any questions.

I know this guy named Aram that has used the LQ boxes a bunch.  He could answer any of your questions.  :)

Seriously, the LQ stuff is super easy to use and uses very little bandwidth.  Plus you can plug 2-wire straight into it [if you use the 2W version] so it's super straightforward WRT the call thing.
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2018, 08:44:37 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 25 queries.