ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Kent Custom Cases Buffalo NY  (Read 5754 times)

Luke Milanese

Kent Custom Cases Buffalo NY
« on: June 04, 2018, 10:08:42 AM »

Anyone out there have any connection to Kent Custom Cases in Buffalo NY?  I have paid for a case and they won't ship it to me.  They promised it to me for over 8 months, then I gave them an deadline and the owner called me promising to have it delivered.  It never happened and now they have totally stopped communications.  I've read lots of other people experiencing slow shipping but never anything like this.  Its a $1400 case so its a real problem.  They have removed the company facebook page as well.  Not looking good.  Any help or information would be appreciated. 

Thanks in advance

Larry Sheehan

• Georgetown, TX
    • San Gabriel Sound
Re: Kent Custom Cases Buffalo NY
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2018, 11:07:20 AM »

Anyone out there have any connection to Kent Custom Cases in Buffalo NY?  I have paid for a case and they won't ship it to me.  They promised it to me for over 8 months, then I gave them an deadline and the owner called me promising to have it delivered.  It never happened and now they have totally stopped communications.  I've read lots of other people experiencing slow shipping but never anything like this.  Its a $1400 case so its a real problem.  They have removed the company facebook page as well.  Not looking good.  Any help or information would be appreciated. 

Thanks in advance
Had 2 experiences with them. 1 good although slow, one unsatisfactory. They're off my list.

Communication was poor in both instances. It was like pulling teeth to get a response. Usually required multiple emails with escalating expression of frustration.

The first order (2 JBL SRX835 case) was well built and exactly as described. The second one (also JBL SRX835) was missing the dividers in both the top and bottom. After an entire summer and multiple reminders I received 2 pieces of plywood, some aluminum angle and some foam. I didn't pursue after that.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 11:11:28 AM by Larry Sheehan »
Larry Sheehan - San Gabriel Sound

Brian Bolly

• DC/Baltimore and other Major Airports
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2018, 12:34:06 PM »

Hey Luke, hope you're well - sorry to hear of your troubles.  Based on a quick Google-fu, looks like they may be out of business...?  (One FB post from 3 days ago mentions the "recent demise")  A couple friends have ordered cases from them in the last 6 months and received them, but they did take some time.

I will say, they're not the only one.  I've been waiting 5 months for a backline case from a vendor in Texas, still no luck.  I've switched back to ordering cases from the bigger trusted suppliers.  Sometimes a few bucks more, but at least I know they'll be there in a few months.

Bob Faulkner

• Raleigh, NC
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2018, 02:42:06 PM »

Sounds like a huge pain-in-the-ass that will now require your time to get resolved.

Did you already pay for the cases?  A couple of things to try:

Contact your card company and see if they will reverse the charge; bottom line, you paid for something, but have received anything.  See what they say - maybe they can offer some direction.

Other option:  Contact the Attorney General's office in NY and talk to them about your situation.  If the case company is actually incorporated in NY, there may be some recourse.

John Fruits

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2018, 02:47:50 PM »

Since Brian mentioned google-fu, it's always good to google map any company's address.  It seems lots of road case companies are in the owners house.  IIRC that guy who builds road case coffins is one such. 
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.  There's also a negative side."-Hunter S. Thompson

Luke Milanese

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2018, 06:25:39 PM »

Thanks guys, looks like even since last week when I was searching on them, they have removed all items from eBay and looks like they're vaporizing.  Bummer. 

Happy Summer!!!!

Dave Guilford

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2018, 07:49:26 AM »

I know them.  I think they’re actually out of Lockport (2 towns over from buffalo).  Excellent cases from what I’ve seen. 

Don’t know them at all - but they make pro cases for pro artists, and smaller / local guys have to wait til they free up time.

This is all I know, and it’s mostly word of mouth from locals I know.  Good luck,

Michael Lawrence

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2018, 08:09:55 AM »

Calling the credit card company is a good idea.
If you're looking for a good alternative that will definitely call you back, I can recommend Upstate Case.
Lead Instructor / Smaart SPL Product Manager - Rational Acoustics
Technical Editor - ProSoundWeb.com
Freelance Systems Engineer

Joe Cutrell

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2018, 08:21:32 AM »

I am in the same boat - paid 3 months ago and all communication stopped about 1 month ago. A large, custom guitar case that should be done by now unless they never had any intention of building it.

Any contact information would help, we could make a deal regarding shipping costs if that's the hold up. Otherwise I suppose legal channels will be required.

dang...

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber