ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: It's festival season!  (Read 11798 times)

Mike Monte

• My website
Re: It's festival season!
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2018, 07:58:08 AM »

I suppose the two players who didn't bring amps and were aced out of the remaining DI's would be the "unherd".
"unherd-of" haha!

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2018, 10:38:16 AM »

I sympathize with all for the silly clients, but as this has been mentioned a couple times now I will put my two cents in and say that everyone should be carrying the IPhone 10 1/8” adapter.  It’s $9 whole dollars, and maybe today it’s a show that you don’t really care if there is chaos about, but I guarantee you’ll have a show soon where that won’t be the case.

There are places to draw the line; I’m not sure this is one of those places.
Pedantic-Asshole-Ray: If you put the dollar sign, you don't need to state "dollars" -- that's being repetitively redundant.

(My apologies.  :o  God, I'm such a dick.)

But 100% agreed. I was in LV this past weekend for a first year convention, and we were doing three breakout rooms, and I went ahead and bought a couple of those Lightning to Headphone Jack adapters from Fry's when I got into town. 9 bucks each plus tax was a bit under $20. Didn't use or need them (other than to pop one out of the package to make sure they did what I thought they would!) -- but rather have 'em now and not need them, as opposed to NOT having one and needing it DESPERATELY.

-Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

Stephen Beatty

« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2018, 10:55:24 AM »

Yeah Out Door Festival Season. Or ODFS.
 Me: See those thunder heads rolling in over there? Maybe we might...
 Vinyard's music Organizer: I don't think it will be bad....Que lightning, Que God's own Wondrous bass riff...   (plus no one has shown up other then us)
 Lol we got the PA up and a quick sound check (made sound, got paid) then unplugged everything and tarped up just before all heck broke lose.
 End under the wine tasting tent. Tasty. It is amazing how good a free Chardonnay can taste.

My most favorite gig for summer was at the local Frog Pond County swimming hole. Nice little stage, Saturday afternoon with a quick dip at the breaks. Bikinis for the atmosphere.

To be truthful I always was a sceptic of the phrase. Oh the weather will be great!

Dave Pluke

• Northwest GA, USA
    • BIGG GRIN Productions
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2018, 11:09:45 AM »

everyone should be carrying the IPhone 10 1/8” adapter.  It’s $9 whole dollars...

The thing I find shocking about that is; that's APPLE's price, too (not just Walmart's).

Time to order one for each rig.

Dave
...an analog man in a digital world [tm]

Flying direct to nearly everywhere out of ATL

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2018, 11:46:23 AM »

Pedantic-Asshole-Ray: If you put the dollar sign, you don't need to state "dollars" -- that's being repetitively redundant.

-Ray
I also violated the 'write out all numbers less than or equal to ten' rule.  Can you emotionally handle that, or should I go back and edit my post?   ;D

John Fruits

« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2018, 12:00:59 PM »

-Ray

So, are you the replacement for the highly esteemed Mr. Rees (who may be in a 12-step program in order to break his PSW habit).
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.  There's also a negative side."-Hunter S. Thompson

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2018, 12:18:49 PM »

I also violated the 'write out all numbers less than or equal to ten' rule.  Can you emotionally handle that, or should I go back and edit my post?   ;D

Also write out numbers that begin a sentence - from the Associated Press style book and whatever guide I used in college when writing papers...
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2018, 01:01:49 PM »

I didn't know that was a rule. :P 

... wait a minute, let's be Roman. I mean "ONE didn't know that was a rule." heheeeee.
Kelcema Audio

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2018, 01:04:41 PM »

So, are you the replacement for the highly esteemed Mr. Rees (who may be in a 12-step program in order to break his PSW habit).
For the same reason that I don't have a "fursona" for all of these Furry conventions I've been working lately ("I'll get one once you give me one...")  --- I'll be the replacement for Mr. Rees if you all decide I am. :)

[Fun fact: I said "replacement for Mr. Rees" instead of "Mr. Rees' replacement" because I never remember how to handle a possessive when the word has an "s" at the end, and since we're talking about being pedantic, I didn't want to appear idiotic. Now I do anyways, but am admitting to it. :)]
Kelcema Audio

John Fruits

« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2018, 01:30:22 PM »

For the same reason that I don't have a "fursona" for all of these Furry conventions I've been working lately ("I'll get one once you give me one...")
Be careful what you wish for, there is the story of the UK Care Bear Show tour.  The promoter who bought the UK rights thought it would be a short lived tour so had the costumes built as cheaply as possible.  The tour was successful and ran for a few years.  The costumes were so cheaply made they couldn't be washed or dry cleaned...…..
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.  There's also a negative side."-Hunter S. Thompson

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2018, 01:30:22 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 23 queries.