ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sennheiser EM100-G2 Service Software?  (Read 1774 times)

Christian Ekren

Sennheiser EM100-G2 Service Software?
« on: June 01, 2018, 10:47:26 AM »

Hi all,

I have a Sennheiser EM100-G2 receiver whose main PCB board has failed. I was able to source a replacement board, however it's currently programmed for a different frequency table! After searching the web for a service manual, I was able to find an archive that references "Sennheiser Service Software" available for the unit to flash other frequency tables.

Obviously Sennheiser dropped support for G2 systems awhile back, but I was wondering if anybody still had an old copy of the software (and the A-Band frequency table file) that they might be able to share?

Thanks!!

glo

Re: Sennheiser EM100-G2 Service Software?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2019, 06:52:58 AM »

Hi Christian,

I bought an em100 g2 receiver and a skm 100 transmitter, but with different frequency ranges (em100 740-776MHz, skm100 790-822 MHz).
Do you think frequency range can be updated on em100 through DATA port ?
Do you found the Sennheiser Service Software ?
Do you have the cabling scheme for the RS485-RJ45 ?

Thanks!

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Posting Rules
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2019, 10:00:19 AM »

Hi Christian,

Please go to your profile and change the "Name" field to your real first and last name as required by the posting rules displayed in the header at the top of the section, and in the Site Rules and Suggestions in the Forum Announcements section, and on the registration page when you registered.

Mac
admin

Henry Cohen

• Westchester Co., NY, USA
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2019, 08:11:56 PM »

Hi all,

I have a Sennheiser EM100-G2 receiver whose main PCB board has failed. I was able to source a replacement board, however it's currently programmed for a different frequency table! After searching the web for a service manual, I was able to find an archive that references "Sennheiser Service Software" available for the unit to flash other frequency tables.

Obviously Sennheiser dropped support for G2 systems awhile back, but I was wondering if anybody still had an old copy of the software (and the A-Band frequency table file) that they might be able to share?

First, the Sennheiser service software is only available to certain dealers and not end users (which of course means it's available somewhere on the internet  ???). More importantly however, is that it's not simply flashing the firmware to changing tuning range. The primary reason for bandsplits is the actual frequency range in which the hardware is capable of proper performance. The hardware is limited by the filter and amplifier stages, and even PCB trace sizes and separations.
Henry Cohen

CP Communications    www.cpcomms.com
Radio Active Designs   www.radioactiverf.com

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2019, 08:11:56 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 24 queries.