ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Anybody have a line on any jobs available?  (Read 3236 times)

Cailen Waddell

Re: Anybody have a line on any jobs available?
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2018, 10:56:22 AM »

Yes, the highest paying of the IA touring contracts, used for first run Broadway tours. The most pay per week, full per diem, extras for work calls and rehearsals, or Monday loadins, etc... It's good money if you can get it. I know guys on pink contracts that make well over $100 grand a year on the road.

And if you do it right - you can live only off of per diem (and sometimes less) and bank your salary. 

Full Pink is the best.  Light or modified pink is the next step down and can be very highly varied in pay and conditions. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2018, 11:12:32 AM »

And if you do it right - you can live only off of per diem (and sometimes less) and bank your salary. 
The number one rule of touring (after no number 2 on the bus), is live on the per diem, not the salary.
Justice C. Bigler
Business Rep, IATSE Local 354
www.justicebigler.com

Tom Burgess

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2018, 03:09:59 PM »

Right now, everything is an option.

There's exactly no audio work in Oklahoma, so...
I'm surprised you haven't gotten any leads around Tulsa, I know there's tons of entities in T-town that are involved in event work, design, installation, etc.  Have you looked into opportunities with any of the Sovereign Nations?  Surely, between the Cherokee and Muscogee-Creek Nations there's an AV staff of some sort.
If the band sounds great, it's because the band IS great, if the band sound like crap, it's the soundman's fault.

Opinions expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily those of the company for which I work.

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2018, 03:51:48 PM »

I'm surprised you haven't gotten any leads around Tulsa, I know there's tons of entities in T-town that are involved in event work, design, installation, etc.  Have you looked into opportunities with any of the Sovereign Nations?  Surely, between the Cherokee and Muscogee-Creek Nations there's an AV staff of some sort.
The local AV companies pay about what I'm making now, but they are mostly 1099 operations. Have one or two that I will hit up if need be.

I'm a card carrying member of the Muskogee (Creek Nation), and believe me when I say that I'm leaving my current job because of the bureaucratic nightmare that it has become, and the tribes are even worse. I want no part of that political one-ups-manship game.
Justice C. Bigler
Business Rep, IATSE Local 354
www.justicebigler.com

Tom Burgess

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2018, 11:21:21 AM »

The local AV companies pay about what I'm making now, but they are mostly 1099 operations. Have one or two that I will hit up if need be.

I'm a card carrying member of the Muskogee (Creek Nation), and believe me when I say that I'm leaving my current job because of the bureaucratic nightmare that it has become, and the tribes are even worse. I want no part of that political one-ups-manship game.
Got it.  Good luck with the search, if I hear of anything substantial I'll pass it along...
If the band sounds great, it's because the band IS great, if the band sound like crap, it's the soundman's fault.

Opinions expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily those of the company for which I work.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2018, 11:21:21 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 25 queries.