ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Very decent headset mic - CHEAP.  (Read 4415 times)

Dan Mortensen

Re: Very decent headset mic - CHEAP.
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2018, 09:08:28 PM »

A few months back I picked up a cheapy mic off Amazon as back up.
This one MIC

You broke the company. Comes up "Currently Unavailable".

Nice going.

;)

Craig Leerman

• Global Moderator
  • Do Not Read This!
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2018, 10:46:00 PM »

and I can never hear 'more me’

You can always hear more you, you have the fader! ;D. Of course the mix might sound a bit strange with the harmony louder
I'm so old, when I was doing FOH for Tommy Dorsey, to balance out the horn section I would slide their chairs downstage and upstage to mix!

TechWorksReno.com
Facebook.com/TechWorksReno
Pinterest.com/TechWorks0492

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2018, 09:54:13 AM »

You can always hear more you, you have the fader! ;D. Of course the mix might sound a bit strange with the harmony louder

Yep - that's the problem - LOL. It's either me or the audience....
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2018, 09:54:41 AM »

You broke the company. Comes up "Currently Unavailable".

Nice going.

;)

There must have been a rush.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2018, 09:59:45 AM »

Although shipping isn't free here, the price compares :

PYLE MIC

Lyle Williams

« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2018, 04:00:05 PM »

While the 4/8 chan cheap wireless may be crap, the school's objectives will be educational outcomes.

As long as the gear doesn't intrude (eg cut out and stop the show) then sadly it will do.

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2018, 05:01:28 PM »

While the 4/8 chan cheap wireless may be crap, the school's objectives will be educational outcomes.

As long as the gear doesn't intrude (eg cut out and stop the show) then sadly it will do.

I have never seen/heard one of those systems that did not have some sort of intermittent problem all the way up to a dead mic or two.

John Fruits

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2018, 05:32:28 PM »

As far as the linked 8 channel unit, is that even legal, just judging by the image. Perhaps that is why it's in the car audio section of Amazon.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 08:15:13 AM by John Fruits »
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.  There's also a negative side."-Hunter S. Thompson

John J.R. Bogle

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2018, 11:53:46 PM »

I have a friend who helps out a lot of school and amateur productions. Yup the cheap headsets are the way to go. He bought about 6 inexpensive Chinese mics on eBay and has since talked a couple of schools into doing the same. In the old days we used to use lavaliere mics or area mics for larger productions - Bad sound and a serious pain. As a comparison, a headworn mic is awesome. The sonic difference comes far more from the superior placement than the better element (Placement = 95% - element = 5% quality increase). When there is a serious risk of them getting damaged, why risk $500 (the cost of an E-6 when they first appeared on the market) when you can risk $25 and consider them disposable (often the contryman's were beyond repair anyway).

If you're dealing with high end production and professional entertainers, sure spend X20 for that 5% increase in quality but you're certainly approaching the point of diminishing returns.

If the rider demands it, yes you provide it but if not..........give them the cheapie and they'll probably be just as happy.

Just my .02 (or is that $25) worth :).

Dave Pluke

• Northwest GA, USA
    • BIGG GRIN Productions
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2018, 10:13:24 AM »

I found YAM audio headsets on Ebay that have an adjustable headband that work great for school productions for about $35 each delivered. There available with Audio Technica, Shure and Sennheiser connectors.

Any insight into the different model numbers/price points?  The specs & descriptions are identical for the HM1, HM3 and HM5 versions....?

Dave
...an analog man in a digital world [tm]

Flying direct to nearly everywhere out of ATL

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2018, 10:13:24 AM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 25 queries.