ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 600 MHz Transition for LPTV  (Read 1616 times)

Philip Roberts

• Church and H.O.W. Forums
  • South West MI
600 MHz Transition for LPTV
« on: May 23, 2018, 06:45:14 PM »

Is there any info about what LPTV stations currently in 600 MHz will be doing after July 2020?

There are 2 or 3 LPTV stations in my market in the 600 MHz band and when planning RF purchase it would  be nice to know what they will be doing.

I've done some looking in the FCC ULS database but I must not know how to search that effectively.

Thanks

Philip

Henry Cohen

• Westchester Co., NY, USA
Re: 600 MHz Transition for LPTV
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2018, 07:10:23 PM »

Is there any info about what LPTV stations currently in 600 MHz will be doing after July 2020?

There are 2 or 3 LPTV stations in my market in the 600 MHz band and when planning RF purchase it would  be nice to know what they will be doing.

I've done some looking in the FCC ULS database but I must not know how to search that effectively.

LPTV displacement filing window has been extended to June 1st 2018. Figure FCC will sort it out and issue an R&O sometime late 3rd quarter, possibly 4th.
Henry Cohen

CP Communications    www.cpcomms.com
Radio Active Designs   www.radioactiverf.com

Philip Roberts

• South West MI
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2018, 08:19:53 PM »

LPTV displacement filing window has been extended to June 1st 2018. Figure FCC will sort it out and issue an R&O sometime late 3rd quarter, possibly 4th.
Hmm, I was hoping that the R&O would already be out so I could plan around where the stations will be.

Luckily I'm in a small market so I "should" be safe no matter where the go.

Thanks

Philip

Jason Glass

• CleanWirelessAudio.com
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2018, 07:21:38 PM »

Hmm, I was hoping that the R&O would already be out so I could plan around where the stations will be.

Luckily I'm in a small market so I "should" be safe no matter where the go.

Thanks

Philip

That would imply that the commission is competent and capable of orchestrating an orderly transition.  Current events prove that they are not, nor are they particularly interested in being so.  If they were, they would have already invited public comment on the early rollout of 600 MHz telecom services, long ahead of schedule, which are clearly undermining the intent of the the commision's repack transition phases.

Philip Roberts

• South West MI
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2018, 10:29:22 PM »

Thanks

Philip

Following up for other readers:
While I'm sure it's not complete or final rabbitEars.info now has LPTV repack info for my market and presumably others.
https://www.rabbitears.info/market.php?mktid=110
WMYS, and WBND are both LP stations.

Philip

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2018, 10:29:22 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 24 queries.