ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: DiVentix 2 - DVI to SDI conversion - Edge Blending  (Read 5353 times)

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
Re: DiVentix 2 - DVI to SDI conversion - Edge Blending
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2018, 11:56:23 AM »

Thanks for speaking up about adapters. Never heard of having issues with adapters. I got the highest rated ones on Amazon.
I have a few different models of DVI/HDMI though, I'll try a different adapter for kicks and gigles.

I'm definitely doing a lot of adapters: [Divintex] DVI > HDMI >  HDBaseT > HDMI > DVI [projector]

Yup. A recent gig did

Cable box hdmi to splitter to HD-baseT (150’) to hdmi audio extractor to HDCP stripper to switcher then SDI out (150’) to SDI-HDMI (at projector) to DVI.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Nathan Riddle

• Niceville, FL
    • Nailed Productions
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2018, 11:34:40 AM »

Still issues with re-terminated Cat6.

The run is only 160ft well under the 200ft theoretical max for 1080p signal, it's also only running 1400x1050, so even less pixels.

I'm going to replace the run with 150ft of Cat6A Kramer UNIKat cable hopefully that helps.
I'm just a guy trying to do the next right thing.

This business is for people with too much energy for desk jobs and too much brain for labor jobs. - Scott Helmke

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2018, 03:29:04 PM »

Still issues with re-terminated Cat6.

The run is only 160ft well under the 200ft theoretical max for 1080p signal, it's also only running 1400x1050, so even less pixels.

I'm going to replace the run with 150ft of Cat6A Kramer UNIKat cable hopefully that helps.
My 150’ CAT6 cable is pre terminated and bought on Amazon.

I have found that there are too many variables for me to have the correct parts to put on male connectors on category cable given how few I would do. I gave up after too many failed terminations.

So, I either buy it terminated or I use female connectors in little surface mount boxes and a couple of patch cords.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Nathan Riddle

• Niceville, FL
    • Nailed Productions
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2018, 03:53:40 PM »

The really strange thing is adding a HDMI booster between the DiVentix and the Atlona converter (~1ft) causes the issues to disappear.

And the Cat6 FTP cables test fine with my SignalTek II tester to Gigabit speeds. It's not a Fluke test, but it is real data end to end test.

I'm guessing/drawing straws at this point. But anything to fix the issue.

This business is for people with too much energy for desk jobs and too much brain for labor jobs. - Scott Helmke

Erik Jerde

• Classic LAB
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2018, 06:46:01 PM »

It sounds like your best bet is to stick with DVI de to the non standard video resolutions.  You may be best off using a dvi over fiber kit.  I’ve used those with zero problems on gigs.  Gefen makes some good products.

Nathan Riddle

• Niceville, FL
    • Nailed Productions
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2018, 07:01:34 PM »

It sounds like your best bet is to stick with DVI de to the non standard video resolutions.  You may be best off using a dvi over fiber kit.  I’ve used those with zero problems on gigs.  Gefen makes some good products.

While I'd love to run DVI over fiber. They were incredulous at the price increase from SDI (80$ converters) to HDMI ($300 converters) They're going to kill me at $600 per converter.

Let's just hope the Cat6A works!

Jordan Wolf

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2018, 09:40:07 PM »

This is the cable we use, and it’s been reliable up to the 180ft spec. for 1080p from Atlona.

I noticed your last cable was simply FTP; the CAT6a I use is SFTP - I’m assuming the extra shielding is what helps with signal integrity.

The Atlona units are very temperamental when it comes to static discharge, FYI. Watch out when winter comes and all the forced air heat dries the air out.

--Airport Circle Sound Reinforcement, LLC--

Erik Jerde

• Classic LAB
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2018, 11:20:34 PM »

While I'd love to run DVI over fiber. They were incredulous at the price increase from SDI (80$ converters) to HDMI ($300 converters) They're going to kill me at $600 per converter.

Let's just hope the Cat6A works!

I hope you’re getting paid hourly for this little escapade.  If so then using the wrong gear is going to quickly approach or exceed the cost of using the right gear.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2018, 11:20:34 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 26 queries.