ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Bassboss Subs  (Read 6460 times)

Jonathan Arce

Bassboss Subs
« on: May 11, 2018, 12:31:56 AM »

Have any of you guys heard these subs?.

I was blown away on a demo I got from a dual sub zv28 and ssp218

I'm really looking into a pair of singles or 1 dual...

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
Re: Bassboss Subs
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2018, 12:55:04 AM »

Yes. Dumb name, serious subs.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2018, 01:00:04 AM »

David Lee builds serious sub woofers no matter what name he uses...  Good stuff.

"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Jonathan Arce

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2018, 01:32:12 PM »

Which model did you hear?

Jonathan Arce

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2018, 01:33:42 PM »

David Lee builds serious sub woofers no matter what name he uses...  Good stuff.
Yeah he does..I have listened to many subs and both of the ssp118 and zv28 subs are some awesome sounding subs..

Doug Fowler

• Member since May 1995, 2nd poster on original LAB, moderator on and off since 1997, now running TurboMOD v1.826
  • Administrator
  • Saint Louis, MO USA
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2018, 01:59:53 PM »

Rock solid and pretty much impossible to blow up.  David has spent many years dialing these in.  A big selling point to club owners is durability, meaning recones every month or less. 

The tops sound really good as well.  Can't speak to the line array, but the three way top on a double 18 sub is potent and nice sounding.
Brawndo, the Thirst Mutilator. 
It's got electrolytes. 
It's got what plants crave.

David Morison

• SR Forums
  • Aberdeen, Scotland
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2018, 08:33:47 AM »

A big selling point to club owners is durability, meaning recones every month or less. 

Every month or less?  :o

Not sure if sarcasm or if these are genuinely finding a market niche with overly enthusiastic club owners/operators?

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2018, 11:16:30 AM »

Which model did you hear?

When I was a touring puke, I used a rig 2-3 times a year that had up to 3 Deuces a side. These are the older "Bassmaxx" subs. Same company, different dumb name. The Deuce is a dual 12" horn sub that could rearrange your innards pretty easily.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Lee Douglas

• 47.662615, -116.756954
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2018, 11:35:24 AM »

Wow.  With such a gimmicky sounding name, if it were not for the opinions of people I respect in this thread, I would have completely dismissed these MI grade toys, presuming I could probably get these online through Best Buy. 
This space for rent

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2018, 06:04:40 PM »

Wow.  With such a gimmicky sounding name, if it were not for the opinions of people I respect in this thread, I would have completely dismissed these MI grade toys, presuming I could probably get these online through Best Buy.

Serious toys or tools.

Back in 2007, Paul Bell hosted a subwoofer shootout in NYC.  No JBL, no EAW, but a nice selection of other brands from around the world.  The sub David brought had 3x 12" cones.  The result of listening and testing brought the NY Environmental Police to the club because we were rattling stuff in a 5th floor apartment - across the street.  In down town Manhattan.

The LAB Archives has a couple of threads about organizing the event and the event itself.  The magic search phrase is "NYC sub shoot out".  The first thread should start around late summer of 2006.

Jeff Permanian was there with first version of his compact sub (the Growler).  A forum member brought a modified LABhorn.

Lots of TEF sweeps and some magic smoke releases.

Mac Kerr, Dave Dermont, Rob Spence, Ivan Beaver, me... people you know from the forums were there, too.  Fun to meet folks I'd only know on screen.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 09:22:37 PM by Tim McCulloch »
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2018, 06:04:40 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 26 queries.