ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Danley Demo - Cocoa FL - May 16th  (Read 10662 times)

John Fruits

Re: Danley Demo - Cocoa FL - May 16th
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2018, 11:08:56 AM »

Don't forget that line arrays "look cool" 8)   ;D
Also don't that some have that strange typo, they should be called lyin' arrays.
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.  There's also a negative side."-Hunter S. Thompson

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2018, 01:59:34 PM »

A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2018, 02:29:02 PM »

Have fun   :'(

It was!  So nice to finally get ears on some Danley products!

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2018, 04:37:42 PM »

It was!  So nice to finally get ears on some Danley products!

I'm not jealous or anything.....
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Scott Bolt

« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2018, 07:11:08 PM »

I am ;)

@Ivan,

I tend to agree with your statements on line arrays.  From an engineering stand point, it is always much easier to get good alignment and clarity from a single point source than a line array.

Wouldn't a line array spread the sound more evenly though?  Just from a pure transmission theory standpoint, a line source will be more even than a point source .... until you get far enough away that the "line" starts looking like a point of course.

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2018, 07:20:54 PM »

I am ;)

@Ivan,

I tend to agree with your statements on line arrays.  From an engineering stand point, it is always much easier to get good alignment and clarity from a single point source than a line array.

Wouldn't a line array spread the sound more evenly though?  Just from a pure transmission theory standpoint, a line source will be more even than a point source .... until you get far enough away that the "line" starts looking like a point of course.

Here we go...

That is the equivalent of saying.  Hey salesmen, tell me about that thing the other guy sells.
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2018, 07:32:30 PM »

Here we go...

That is the equivalent of saying.  Hey salesmen, tell me about that thing the other guy sells.

My husband is always happy to tell the customer about that thing the other guy sells....... he usually wins the bid.  ;)

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2018, 08:29:38 PM »

Sorry Debbie!  I'd share some pictures but don't want to steal Rick's thunder.  He was the one gracious enough to coordinate the event and deserves the bragging rights for a stage full of Danleys!

Rick Powell

« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2018, 09:24:43 PM »

I am ;)

@Ivan,

“If” one could create a perfectly cylindrical wavefront, yes. The argument as I understand it is that the compromises that are made to create an imperfect cylindrical wavefront outweigh the advantages using today’s technology.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2018, 10:02:39 PM »

“If” one could create a perfectly cylindrical wavefront, yes. The argument as I understand it is that the compromises that are made to create an imperfect cylindrical wavefront outweigh the advantages using today’s technology.

Danley uses Wisdom of the Ancients®.  What is new is that Tom put it all together and then built a box around it.

The primary issue with curved vertical arrays is the astigmatism created by the curve, then the self-interference that is undesired (as opposed to the desired self-interference).

"Other than *that*, what did you think of the play, Mrs. Lincoln?"
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 10:04:53 PM by Tim McCulloch »
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2018, 10:02:39 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 22 queries.