ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Suggestions to replace Blizzard Q12 now discontinued.  (Read 4122 times)

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
Re: Suggestions to replace Blizzard Q12 now discontinued.
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2018, 03:28:03 PM »

I meant to mention to you about the Blizzard with the course dim.  Make sure you have the fixture in "fine" mode or you will have the experience you describe.

I can't find this feature on the Q12 Puck Scott. Are you sure the Q12 has this setting?

The good news is :- the 2 Color Keys fixtures came a short while ago. What are the odds that the DMX addressing would match up with the Blizzards??... Well......
They do - exactly!!! - total fluke.
I was all prepared to sit down and program the software to match the new fixtures DMX addressing (which takes some time plus I then have to share to my other devices etc) but  now I don't need to.
The build quality is very good - weight is similar to the Blizzards. Program selection buttons feel quite solid and programming make sense.
Only thing is the fixture body sits very close to the bar due to the shortish arms on the hanging bracket. In one way this is quite nice as it doesn't hang down very far BUT when tilting the body of the fixture to position it, the bolt holding it to the bar actually catches the edge of the fixture - I had to remove the washer to make room (yes-it made that much difference). Not a biggie by any means at this price point though. I must say the bracket material is nice and heavy duty - some are flimsy and can bend easily.

So all in all we are looking good ......now I just need to check them out at tomorrow's show.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Steve Garris

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2018, 03:26:52 PM »

I can't find this feature on the Q12 Puck Scott. Are you sure the Q12 has this setting?

The good news is :- the 2 Color Keys fixtures came a short while ago. What are the odds that the DMX addressing would match up with the Blizzards??... Well......
They do - exactly!!! - total fluke.
I was all prepared to sit down and program the software to match the new fixtures DMX addressing (which takes some time plus I then have to share to my other devices etc) but  now I don't need to.
The build quality is very good - weight is similar to the Blizzards. Program selection buttons feel quite solid and programming make sense.
Only thing is the fixture body sits very close to the bar due to the shortish arms on the hanging bracket. In one way this is quite nice as it doesn't hang down very far BUT when tilting the body of the fixture to position it, the bolt holding it to the bar actually catches the edge of the fixture - I had to remove the washer to make room (yes-it made that much difference). Not a biggie by any means at this price point though. I must say the bracket material is nice and heavy duty - some are flimsy and can bend easily.

So all in all we are looking good ......now I just need to check them out at tomorrow's show.

Glad to hear they worked out!

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2018, 10:22:47 PM »

Yeah Steve - they are great fixtures!.. I used them last night and they worked with the Blizzards really well.
They have 10 degree wider beam but not enough to really notice any difference the way I have them set up and use them.
I got 2 so I could replace one of the blizzards per side to keep each bar the same.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2018, 10:22:47 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 24 queries.