Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > DJ Forum

Noob with some system questions.

(1/4) > >>

Jim Lambrecht:
I am a rookie looking to buy a system that will be used strictly for home parties and used at a private club,you know big family and lots of friends types of events. I have narrowed it down two systems that are for sale locally. The first is owned,and this is no joke,by an elderly couple in their late 70's who in retirement do karaoke gigs at some of the local bars in a small town here in NC. They have a pair of Peavy 115TRS speakers with a Samson XM910 mixer/amp combo with cables but no stands. Everything is in excellent shape and the only reason they are selling them is because of the weight of the gear. The second set up again owned by elderly folks, the husband passed away and the widow is getting rid of some of his stuff, was used in a home recording studio. It consists of a pair of JBL SF15 speakers with Musika Ultimate stands, Gig Rack 600 mixer/amp, and all cables. And this stuff is also in excellent shape. So I guess my question for the experts is the better which set up? Price wise they are about the same. And like I said before this is for personal use only. Any opinions will be greatly appreciated.

Nathan Riddle:

--- Quote from: Mac Kerr on April 26, 2018, 02:38:50 PM ---Please go to your profile and change the "Name" field to your real first and last name as required by the posting rules displayed in the header at the top of the section, and in the Site Rules and Suggestions in the Forum Announcements section, and on the registration page when you registered.

Mac
admin

--- End quote ---

http://forums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/topic,234.msg818.html#msg818

Jim Lambrecht:
My apologies, its fixed.

--- Quote from: Nathan Riddle on April 27, 2018, 11:58:32 AM ---http://forums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/topic,234.msg818.html#msg818

--- End quote ---

Nathan Riddle:

--- Quote from: Jim Lambrecht on April 27, 2018, 11:53:59 AM ---I am a rookie looking to buy a system that will be used strictly for home parties and used at a private club,you know big family and lots of friends types of events. \

I have narrowed it down two systems that are for sale locally. The first is owned,and this is no joke,by an elderly couple in their late 70's who in retirement do karaoke gigs at some of the local bars in a small town here in NC.

They have a pair of Peavy 115TRS speakers with a Samson XM910 mixer/amp combo with cables but no stands. Everything is in excellent shape and the only reason they are selling them is because of the weight of the gear.

The second set up again owned by elderly folks, the husband passed away and the widow is getting rid of some of his stuff, was used in a home recording studio. It consists of a pair of JBL SF15 speakers with Musika Ultimate stands, Gig Rack 600 mixer/amp, and all cables. And this stuff is also in excellent shape.

So I guess my question for the experts is the better which set up?
Price wise they are about the same.

And like I said before this is for personal use only. Any opinions will be greatly appreciated.

--- End quote ---

Budget/cost of systems?

Jim Lambrecht:
The Peavy/Samson they are asking $550 and the JBL set up she wants $500 I would like to keep the cost in the $700- $500 range.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version