ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Behringer Powerplay P1 Battery compartment  (Read 1568 times)

Wes Garland

Behringer Powerplay P1 Battery compartment
« on: April 26, 2018, 08:33:10 AM »

Is there a trick to closing the door on these things after the battery is inserted?

Sometimes they close okay, sometimes they won't close.  This is really annoying and bad design.

Are some batteries slightly larger than others?

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
Re: Behringer Powerplay P1 Battery compartment
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2018, 09:46:11 AM »

Is there a trick to closing the door on these things after the battery is inserted?

Sometimes they close okay, sometimes they won't close.  This is really annoying and bad design.

Are some batteries slightly larger than others?

Yes, not all batteries are the same size and some gear is designed with marginal sizing in the battery compartment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Wes Garland

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2018, 10:00:09 PM »

Hi, Rob -- thanks for confirming that I'm not insane.  Now all I have to do is figure out which batteries fit, and order a case of them.  Duracell from Home Depot do not.  The last batteries I used were yellow and bought from an online music shop.........darned if I can remember what they were; time to hunt through receipts, I guess.

David Winners

• Bryan, OH
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2018, 11:12:19 PM »

There is a trick to the battery cover. I have inadvertently placed the non-latching side of the lid about 1/32" too far into the battery compartment and the lid wouldn't close. It took me a while to figure it out as it's hard for me to see when the lid is perfectly lined up.

I unsuccessfully tried to retrofit another battery lid/compartment into a P1. I may revisit that soon, as they continue to piss me off.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2018, 11:12:19 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 25 queries.