ETX 18s active
- 2 (13.3%)
Jbl SRX818SP active
- 11 (73.3%)
Qsc KW181 active
- 2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: Subwoofer advice  (Read 10402 times)

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
Re: Subwoofer advice
« Reply #60 on: April 26, 2018, 01:47:00 AM »

Same here.

Actually, bar bands in this area are still making the same money as we were back then. $150 a night, 2-3 nights a week, was damn good money when I was a kid. There were also far more venues that featured bands back then. It was a little heartbreaking when the DJs started taking over, cops started handing out DUIs the baby boomers grew up. [/swerve]

$150 a night per musician or for the whole band?  In Northeast OH the A List bar bands make 10 times that.
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

David Winners

• Bryan, OH
« Reply #61 on: April 26, 2018, 07:34:04 AM »

$150 a night per musician or for the whole band?  In Northeast OH the A List bar bands make 10 times that.

$150 a night each.

Typical mid level bands in NW Ohio get $600 a night. That's the same pay we were making in the 80s and 90s. Festivals pay more.

Jim Neighbors

« Reply #62 on: April 26, 2018, 04:39:44 PM »

one of our local venues  pays $250/night which normally has 3-4 bands+sound man.  I made more than that at this same club 20 years ago and we played the entire night.  These bands play original material with occasional cover.   Most do it for the love of music and don't care if they make money.

Chris Hindle

• SR Forums
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Earth, Sol System,......
« Reply #63 on: April 26, 2018, 09:29:54 PM »

one of our local venues  pays $250/night which normally has 3-4 bands+sound man.  I made more than that at this same club 20 years ago and we played the entire night.  These bands play original material with occasional cover.   Most do it for the love of music and don't care if they make money.
And that screw's the pooch for the rest. Live sound around here has largely dried up. I haven't done a "bar band" in well over 25 years now. Back then it was 6 or 700 for Thursday-Friday-Saturday. I went Corpy and Reception Hall to eke out a few more dollars.
Chris.
Ya, Whatever. Just throw a '57 on it, and get off my stage.

Scott Holtzman

« Reply #64 on: April 26, 2018, 10:20:15 PM »

$150 a night each.

Typical mid level bands in NW Ohio get $600 a night. That's the same pay we were making in the 80s and 90s. Festivals pay more.

You ever play Bar 145 in Toledo?  Do you know Lara?  I am just down the road in Avon Lake,  have we had this discussion before?

Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

David Winners

• Bryan, OH
« Reply #65 on: April 26, 2018, 10:53:28 PM »

You ever play Bar 145 in Toledo?  Do you know Lara?  I am just down the road in Avon Lake,  have we had this discussion before?
I haven't played there yet. One of my bands is talking to them. I live in Bryan just off 6. I play mostly in the animal clubs around here (Moose, Eagles, Amvets) and then several clubs in Angola and Fort Wayne Indiana. I don't get to Toledo often.

I see you are close to Sandusky. I shot fireworks for Zambelli at Cedar Point for years before I joined the Army. My buddy still shoots all their shows.

Scott Holtzman

« Reply #66 on: April 26, 2018, 11:10:44 PM »

I haven't played there yet. One of my bands is talking to them. I live in Bryan just off 6. I play mostly in the animal clubs around here (Moose, Eagles, Amvets) and then several clubs in Angola and Fort Wayne Indiana. I don't get to Toledo often.

I see you are close to Sandusky. I shot fireworks for Zambelli at Cedar Point for years before I joined the Army. My buddy still shoots all their shows.

We did all the installs at the Bar 145 locations and I was the house guy in Avon.  The SRX systems do a great job.

Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

David Winners

• Bryan, OH
« Reply #67 on: April 26, 2018, 11:24:17 PM »

We did all the installs at the Bar 145 locations and I was the house guy in Avon.  The SRX systems do a great job.

I've run a few different SRX rigs, and I've always been impressed. I'm still debating SRX, JTR, DSL for a bigger rig for festivals. The price vs. Performance of the SRX rig is hard to beat.

Do you guys run sound at the Bar 145 locations?

Scott Holtzman

« Reply #68 on: April 27, 2018, 12:20:13 AM »

I've run a few different SRX rigs, and I've always been impressed. I'm still debating SRX, JTR, DSL for a bigger rig for festivals. The price vs. Performance of the SRX rig is hard to beat.

Do you guys run sound at the Bar 145 locations?

Lara is the house engineer in Toledo and she is awesome and a good friend of ours.  Avon and Kent are closed.  We occasionally work in Dayton but have not worked Columbus location.

Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #68 on: April 27, 2018, 12:20:13 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 29 queries.