ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mic Bags / Cases  (Read 10162 times)

Michael Gorecki

Re: Mic Bags / Cases
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2018, 05:22:05 PM »

Hey guys, hope it's not too late to bring this thread back up. I'm in the process of ordering a new workbox and I'm looking for ideas to store some cumbersome microphones. I've got an 8-10" drawer dedicated to mics; I'm going to split the drawer in half one part with a grid for 57's, 58's and 81's the other side was going to be left open for cased mics. I was just wondering if anyone had a good method for storing 604's, B52's, 421's. I'd like to be able to look in the drawers and see the inventory rather than feeling all the pouches, opening cases and digging underneath to make sure I have everything.

Thanks in advance!
Mike

Looking at something similar to this
http://www.stagegear.com/work.html
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 05:25:04 PM by Michael Gorecki »

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2018, 05:28:07 PM »

Hey guys, hope it's not too late to bring this thread back up. I'm in the process of ordering a new workbox and I'm looking for ideas to store some cumbersome microphones. I've got an 8-10" drawer dedicated to mics; I'm going to split the drawer in half one part with a grid for 57's, 58's and 81's the other side was going to be left open for cased mics. I was just wondering if anyone had a good method for storing 604's, B52's, 421's. I'd like to be able to look in the drawers and see the inventory rather than feeling all the pouches, opening cases and digging underneath to make sure I have everything.

Thanks in advance!
Mike

There was a post further up about using banker's bags.  Available in multiple colors and clear.

Or use the bags that came with the mics and apply colored gaff tape.  Using Sennheiser as an example - red for e604, white for e906, green for e902, blue for 935, etc.  The bags are identical so use tape to differentiate.

Ditto for Shure, etc.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Michael Gorecki

« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2018, 08:59:26 PM »

There was a post further up about using banker's bags.  Available in multiple colors and clear.

Or use the bags that came with the mics and apply colored gaff tape.  Using Sennheiser as an example - red for e604, white for e906, green for e902, blue for 935, etc.  The bags are identical so use tape to differentiate.

Ditto for Shure, etc.

I saw the gaff tape idea. I’ve used colored zip ties on the zipper before as well. I’m just trying to streamline my work flow and keep track of everything. If everything is in bags I still have to touch them to see if there’s something inside( unless they’re clear.)

I was hoping for a stroke of genius, like the gaff tape storage on the swinging door. But I might just have to do the bag idea for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2018, 10:20:37 PM »

I saw the gaff tape idea. I’ve used colored zip ties on the zipper before as well. I’m just trying to streamline my work flow and keep track of everything. If everything is in bags I still have to touch them to see if there’s something inside( unless they’re clear.)

I was hoping for a stroke of genius, like the gaff tape storage on the swinging door. But I might just have to do the bag idea for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use the bags they came with (or ones from Audiopile) and use black gaff and a silver sharpie.

I like the idea of colored gaff to find certain ones easier.

I just load them into a drawer if taking the work box or what ever case works for the gig.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Brian Adams

• Adams Production Services
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2018, 10:11:18 AM »

I have a 5 drawer workbox for mics and DI's. The bottom 2 drawers have foam cut for my mics, the top 3 drawers are open or have dividers of some sort.

The bottom drawer is mainly instrument mics, with a few dozen SD condensers, 10 609/906's, a few larger mics like D6's, KSM32's, and 421's, 6 D2's and 6 D4's, and 6 904's. The 904's don't fit super great with their clips on, but it works OK.
The second from the bottom drawer has 12 57's, 6 B57's, 18 58's, 6 B58's, 6 87's, and a few other things like switched 58's and random things.
The middle drawer is shorter, and has 52's, 91's, PCC160's, a few goosenecks, all the Audix tom clips, and a few other odds and ends. The 52's lay on their sides.
The second from the top drawer has about 30 DI's as well as windscreeens, and the top drawer is instrument cables.

I need to redo my foam one of these days to make just a little bit more room, but overall this system works pretty well. I can't imagine storing a lot of mics in bags, it's so inefficient. The only things I have in bags are PCC160's and 91's, mostly because I want to keep their cables with them. I should probably trade out my 91's for more 91a's. I have about 130 mics in that workbox, but I probably need to make it more like 150 to accommodate everything.

My larger mics like 414's, and specialized stuff like DPA 4099's and 4061's are in another trunk, and those are all in individual cases/bags. Most of those only get used on orchestra shows, so it's not so bad having them all cased individually. I wish there was a better system for that DPA stuff, but I can't really think of anything that would be better. If I used them every show it would be a different story.

421's are easy because they'll fit in a round hole, same as a KSM32 or a D6. 52's and 604/904's are a little more of an issue with their clips, especially if you have quick-attach adapters on the 52's. When I redo my foam I'll probably store them horizontally with the diaphragm facing up or down and get them as close together as I can to save space.
Brian Adams
Adams Production Services
Vermillion, SD
adamsproductionservices.com

Dave Bednarski

« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2018, 02:16:48 PM »

Pelican 1615 w/ TrekPak dividers has served me incredibly well for 2+ years.

If I need more of something or an odd ball mic I pull the truck/storage but this covers "lounge" work.

It holds the mics you see.  Previously 4x wireless mics but those found their way into a customer drawer insert with the receivers.  There are 4x Whirilwind IMP2 DIs under that ProD2.  Dumpster of clips.  Tool bag w/ inserty things, mic stand parts, randoms.  Spray deodorant.

The mic foam inserts are generic and held in place by the trek pak.  If it looks mushy its from being used. 

Wes Garland

« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2018, 06:38:46 PM »

Thanks for posting: I love this.  You can completely nailed my form:function aesthetic sweet spot.  I think I have a goal now...

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2018, 04:11:40 PM »

Just add a gps tracker so you can get that little $7k box back again

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Helge A Bentsen

• Oslo, Norway.
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2018, 02:48:38 PM »

I have a four-drawer rack I use for storing and transporting mics, it also doubles up as a work table with folding legs in the rack door.

For smaller gigs I pick what I need in a Peli 1610 or 1650.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2018, 02:48:38 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 21 queries.