ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: No pockets, no belt: how to place the bodypack?  (Read 3230 times)

Kirby Yarbrough

• SR Forums
  • Reston, Virginia
No pockets, no belt: how to place the bodypack?
« on: April 16, 2018, 09:39:13 AM »

Looking for ideas on how to place a body pack transmitter when the talent is wearing garments with no pockets, no belt, nothing to clip onto, will be standing and not stationary (e.g., at a podium or panel table).

Mal Brown

Re: No pockets, no belt: how to place the bodypack?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 09:52:40 AM »

Gaff tape or tuck...
  :)
Bass player, sound guy.
FB Gorge Sound and Light
FB Willyand Nelson
FB SideShow

Milt Hathaway

• http://www.fitzcosound.com
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 09:59:13 AM »

Corporate or performance? For performance there are belts designed to hold bodypacks under costumes, like so: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/998161-REG/wireless_mic_belts_wmb_belt_28_t_wmb_belt_28_tan.html
--
Milt
FitzCo Sound, Inc.
Midland, TX
http://www.fitzcosound.com

John Fruits

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 10:19:11 AM »

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.  There's also a negative side."-Hunter S. Thompson

frank kayser

• Maryland suburbs of Washington DC
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2018, 10:46:04 AM »

Here is one idea:
https://wirelessmicbelts.com/main.sc
Hi Kirby,
Quite a dilemma.

The site John mentioned has some interesting options, including one I've never seen: An ankle/calf strap workable for some pants (but then there is a waist band), a jumpsuit, or a floor length dress.

I'm sure you've thought of these options, but I'll mention them nonetheless.

Maybe an arm band up a loose sleeve, or clipped to the back edge of a sleeveless top.  Of course, that also is assuming a fabric that can support the weight.

Similarly, at the back of the neckline on a woman's dress, but the weight may distort the garment.

Other than that, I got nuthin'.

frank

Kevin Maxwell

• USA SW CT 46miles from MidTown Manhattan ATCF
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2018, 10:47:48 AM »

Looking for ideas on how to place a body pack transmitter when the talent is wearing garments with no pockets, no belt, nothing to clip onto, will be standing and not stationary (e.g., at a podium or panel table).

This problem usually only happens when the person is wearing a dress. Or a pair of pants that are so loose that the weight of the pack would cause the pants to not stay up. If they are wearing a pair of slacks that will stay up you can always clip the pack to the inside of their pants. Depending on the neck line of a dress, sometimes the transmitter can be clipped to the inside of the back of the dress. Sometimes it can be clipped to the inside of a bra strap, not the shoulder straps. And worse case they can clip it to the back of the waist band of their undergarment, sometimes that’s in the back inside of their pantyhose. When those methods are to be employed I have handed the pack with the mic on it to the person to take somewhere like a bathroom and let them place the pack themselves and you tell them to come back to you with the mic hanging out over their shoulder. I had one woman that I worked with occasionally (corporate event) that always came with a dress on and said to me, oops I forgot I was going to get miced up today. So I handed her the pack w/mic and off she would go to put it on. One time she was in a bit of a rush to remove the pack so she went to a dark corner and I stood with my back to her while she removed the pack and then she handed it to me. It was very warm and I didn’t ask her where it was.  :-X

For theatrical events we always use belt packs that get put under their costume. I really like these - http://www.neopax.biz/ . And there is no reason why they shouldn’t also work for event other than theatrical. You might want to have some different colors so they won’t show too much thru a flimsy dress. So far I have only used the waist belt ones not the thigh ones.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 10:51:53 AM by Kevin Maxwell »

John L Nobile

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2018, 11:02:10 AM »

All the years that we ran a show, our wardrobe dept made belt packs. Very simple and cheap, just an elastic strap with a pouch sown to it and velcro to close the belt.

Trevor Ludwig

• Minneapolis, MN
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2018, 11:07:27 AM »

I've clipped a few to bras under dresses previously.  That seems to work just fine.  What is the garment they are wearing?
Trevor Ludwig

scottstephens

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2018, 11:23:12 AM »

We have made a few belt/pockets. We take the back pocket off an old pair of jeans and sew it to a big piece of elastic and put some velcro on each end so that it is adjustable. We also take a small piece of velcro and out it over the pack so that it stays in the pocket when they are dancing and moving around. It costs us about $2-$3 for each pack/belt. Works like a charm, all you have to do is find someone who is decent at sewing.

Scott

Kurt J Nemer

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2018, 11:25:18 AM »

Here's the poor mans version I've been using at the local high school for the last few years. The beer cozy is secured either to an undershirt or bra strap with a large safety pin. I do reverse the beer cozies so the branding doesn't show :)

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2018, 11:25:18 AM »

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 22 queries.