ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: No pockets, no belt: how to place the bodypack?  (Read 3190 times)

Jordan Wolf

Re: No pockets, no belt: how to place the bodypack?
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2018, 02:24:02 PM »

I’ve used an ACE bandage on the inner thigh; run the wire up the back and tack with 3M Transpore.

The smaller the transmitter, then better.

The Shure, Lectrosonics, etc. make smaller bodypacks that are much easier to hide and don’t weigh down the fabric as much (the UR1M is nifty).
Jordan Wolf
<><

"We want our sound to go into the soul of the audience, and see if it can awaken some little thing in their minds... Cause there are so many sleeping people." - Jimi Hendrix

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2018, 04:29:23 PM »

mic belts, bra strap, neoprene strap around the thigh, sewn into a pocket inside the garment or mask/hat/wig.

I've done some crazy mic placements over the years, as have most of us who work in theatre.

Want a real hoot? ask the Broadway guys how they mic up the signers at the end of the first act of Hair, when they are all naked.   :o
Justice C. Bigler
Business Rep, IATSE Local 354
www.justicebigler.com

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2018, 05:40:16 PM »

mic belts, bra strap, neoprene strap around the thigh, sewn into a pocket inside the garment or mask/hat/wig.

I've done some crazy mic placements over the years, as have most of us who work in theatre.

Want a real hoot? ask the Broadway guys how they mic up the signers at the end of the first act of Hair, when they are all naked.   :o

"Let the sun shine... let the sun shine in..."

Having grown up in Los Angeles when Hair! premiered in the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion at the Los Angeles Music Center, I recall the show was done with hand held, wired mics (as was the LA production of Jesus Christ Superstar at what became Gibson Amphitheater (and now D9 EQed for a new attraction at Universal).

More recently?  Do tell..... ;)
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2018, 05:40:16 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 21 queries.