ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone tried out the QSC E15?  (Read 7705 times)

Steve Crump

Re: Anyone tried out the QSC E15?
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2019, 09:13:50 PM »

LOL...I guess what I was thinking and what I was typing were in contrast. At least it didn’t translate well. I have been surprised at how good the E series sound.

I thought the SX250 sounded “fuller?”,  but it is a 15” compared to a 10”, but overall all things being relative, based on our use as monitors the E10s work as well (maybe even better) and therefore are a greater value. I think the monitor angle and the conical horn help on our stage. This based on responses and comments from musicians we host.

I thought the E15 sounded as good as the QRx based on our use, which is a small venue doing live music. Here again that makes the E15 a better value. Now in another setting and use it may be a different story.

In the case of the 3TX, for a veteran musician to prefer the E15 over the 3TX says something good about the E15 to me. There again it is based on a very limited experience, with a narrow range of variables.

I was agreeing with you by saying that it is impressive that such a value priced speaker competes so well with higher priced speakers. At the same time I was being cautious because my experiences are very limited.

Justin Quinn

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2019, 08:39:41 AM »

LOL...I guess what I was thinking and what I was typing were in contrast. At least it didn’t translate well. I have been surprised at how good the E series sound.

I thought the SX250 sounded “fuller?”,  but it is a 15” compared to a 10”, but overall all things being relative, based on our use as monitors the E10s work as well (maybe even better) and therefore are a greater value. I think the monitor angle and the conical horn help on our stage. This based on responses and comments from musicians we host.

I thought the E15 sounded as good as the QRx based on our use, which is a small venue doing live music. Here again that makes the E15 a better value. Now in another setting and use it may be a different story.

In the case of the 3TX, for a veteran musician to prefer the E15 over the 3TX says something good about the E15 to me. There again it is based on a very limited experience, with a narrow range of variables.

I was agreeing with you by saying that it is impressive that such a value priced speaker competes so well with higher priced speakers. At the same time I was being cautious because my experiences are very limited.
We like the conical dispersion as well.  Sometimes we may use the top boxes as mains for a small PA or use put them on their side and use them as monitors or front fills for a larger PA, either way you get about the same coverage.

I notice that the 10" doesn't have the low-mid presence that the 12" does (to be expected), and neither have good bass response.  If I had 1 criticism of the top boxes that would most likely be it.  A K12 in deep mode is going to have more low end, from my few experiences using K12s.  So if you're going to do a small event where you don't want to bring a sub, these might leave a bit to be desired in low end.  The 15" may be better in this department.  The horn is overall pretty good, though.  Just 2 days ago we used the E12s to cover about 2 blocks each for a festival car show (our setup was in the middle, with the E110's and E18 covering the block we were set up in, then the E12's placed farther down the road to cover 2 more blocks on each side).  I walked the full span of 5 blocks and while the sound definitely started to drop off at the end of the far blocks, the announcing was still crystal clear and intelligible.  Some people even said our little rig sounded better than the main stage.

Joris Jans2

• Vester Theater Techniek
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2019, 10:59:30 AM »

anybody knows the difference between the E12/E15 series & the E112/E115 series (the newer ones). specs are the same.

Steve Crump

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2019, 11:00:09 AM »

We like the conical dispersion as well.  Sometimes we may use the top boxes as mains for a small PA or use put them on their side and use them as monitors or front fills for a larger PA, either way you get about the same coverage.

I notice that the 10" doesn't have the low-mid presence that the 12" does (to be expected), and neither have good bass response.  If I had 1 criticism of the top boxes that would most likely be it. 

I will agree with you on the lack of bass response from the E10.

Glad to hear that the E series is working out so well for you. Hopefully your reviews will give other people the confidence to purchase the E series. I did notice that there is an article posted somewhere on this site about a venue in Nashville putting some of the E series cabinets to work.

Steve Crump

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2019, 11:02:37 AM »

anybody knows the difference between the E12/E15 series & the E112/E115 series (the newer ones). specs are the same.

I was told that the original E series (E12/E15) had some sort of design issue with mounting hardware, so when it was corrected they relabeled to designate the difference.

Justin Quinn

« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2019, 11:28:16 AM »

The handles also are different.  The paint on my E110s (new version) doesn't chip as easy as my E18 and E12s do (old version) perhaps they changed the paint as well?  Specs and I'm pretty sure drivers are the same so I consider them to be interchangeable

Joris Jans2

• Vester Theater Techniek
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2019, 06:07:37 PM »

thanks @steve & @Justin.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2019, 06:07:37 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 23 queries.