ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for help on my Dissertation  (Read 2452 times)

Charlie Aglen-Wright

Looking for help on my Dissertation
« on: April 11, 2018, 12:36:33 PM »

Hi All

For my final year of a Music Production Degree at university I am writing a dissertation on the influence of speaker technology from the Grateful Dead’s Wall of Sound, on the sound reinforcement industry.

I have written a short survey to accompany my secondary research and am looking to reach anyone with experience or interest in the sound reinforcement field.

Here is the link:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdW-T2zXVcTOW33RGhVIpOj9cfek78Zr-0Jxzvf-cBGWCDVyQ/viewform

If anyone has any further information on either the Wall of Sound, or experiences in working in sound reinforcement it would be really useful.

Cheers everyone.

Ethics Disclaimer

The aim of this survey is to obtain real world insight to support secondary research in to what extent the Wall of Sound has had on the sound reinforcement industry. All data gathered in this survey will be kept securely and remain confidential. This survey is being used entirely for academic purposes and is in no way being used to market or sell any brands.   

Diogo Nunes Pereira

• Barcelona, sometimes...
Re: Looking for help on my Dissertation
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 12:41:52 PM »

Hi All

For my final year of a Music Production Degree at university I am writing a dissertation on the influence of speaker technology from the Grateful Dead’s Wall of Sound, on the sound reinforcement industry.

I have written a short survey to accompany my secondary research and am looking to reach anyone with experience or interest in the sound reinforcement field.

Here is the link:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdW-T2zXVcTOW33RGhVIpOj9cfek78Zr-0Jxzvf-cBGWCDVyQ/viewform

If anyone has any further information on either the Wall of Sound, or experiences in working in sound reinforcement it would be really useful.

Cheers everyone.

Ethics Disclaimer

The aim of this survey is to obtain real world insight to support secondary research in to what extent the Wall of Sound has had on the sound reinforcement industry. All data gathered in this survey will be kept securely and remain confidential. This survey is being used entirely for academic purposes and is in no way being used to market or sell any brands.
Hi.

This forum rules and guidelines require everyone to use a Real Name here.

Unless you do so you won't get any help from folks here.

Good luck with your project.

Cheers.

:D

Diogo Nunes Pereira
[email protected]
--------------------------
"I envy not those who own charriots, horses or land. I envy only those who drink water from every fountain." - Popular Song from Portugal

Lance Hallmark

• Tampa Bay, FL
    • Hallmark Events & Entertainment
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2018, 01:16:27 PM »

There is a sub Forum here called History of Concert Sound. I believe there is some information in there that may be of help to you.
----------------------------------------------------
Lance Hallmark
Hallmark Events & Entertainment
Chamsys, Crown, Danley, EV, JTR, Powersoft, Yamaha

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2018, 04:23:05 PM »

I think everyone will benefit if we know a bit more about how this information is going to affect your thesis... I'm assuming your major professor approved the survey. We get people popping through here every six months or so with a similar 'survey,' and looking for (many times) information that can be readily found on the internet. So, maybe if you share the basis of your ideas (i.e. "What am I trying to prove, or disprove" here), and then show what trains of thoughts you're running down, and the new questions you've found through your research (i.e. I learned the the GD's WoS was pioneering in several ways; one was the first use of dual-PAs, and another was the introduction of monitor wedges, or whatever, but I am wondering if anyone has any leads as to the people involved with these innovations that I could interview, or "were you in sound around that time? When did you hear about stage monitors? Did you jump on them right away, was it a 'lightbulb' moment, or did it take you awhile to warm up to the idea?") that would better demonstrate research, as opposed to just doing a survey and calling it a day.

Just some thoughts. :)

[Snarky previous quick response: I just remember the "good old days" when students were expected to go and actually do research...]
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 04:35:54 PM by Ray Aberle »
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

Charlie Aglen-Wright

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2018, 08:02:46 PM »

There is a sub Forum here called History of Concert Sound. I believe there is some information in there that may be of help to you.

Cheers Lance it is a really useful source.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2018, 08:02:46 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 23 queries.