ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Jbl Srx818sp casters  (Read 17985 times)

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
Re: Jbl Srx818sp casters
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2018, 03:40:49 PM »

True that I was thinking of getting casters for all 4 subs or plan b would be to get a rock n roller cart...I'm open to any suggestions :)

You need the cart, but not for the subs.

Either put casters on them or build a wheel board.  Getting them up on a cart to teeter totter is a major pain in the ass.
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2018, 04:09:16 PM »

I built caster boards for my PRX718's and they stay strapped to them (straps through the handles). I really like the fact that I can move the subs easily if I need to without flipping them over BUT they sit a bit higher and the boards need tightening and a slight reposition every few shows. As Scott says, a dolly cart would be harder to use.
 I use the Penn Elcoms for my SRX's.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2018, 04:24:00 PM »

I built caster boards for my PRX718's and they stay strapped to them (straps through the handles). I really like the fact that I can move the subs easily if I need to without flipping them over BUT they sit a bit higher and the boards need tightening and a slight reposition every few shows. As Scott says, a dolly cart would be harder to use.
 I use the Penn Elcoms for my SRX's.

I started with strap down generic dolly's but technically those aren't wheel boards.  I have 4 giant ass EAW horns that I use for lawn gigs and they came with real big boy wheel boards that had a strip and routed pegs that fit the speakers.  They drop on and off the wheelboards and stay put. 

Over time I plan on building some for other rigs (probably KW153's next) 

Our STX828's and KW153's are on casters with drop over covers.  I can stack the 181's  I need help to stack the 828's

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2018, 04:32:25 PM »

I started with strap down generic dolly's but technically those aren't wheel boards.  I have 4 giant ass EAW horns that I use for lawn gigs and they came with real big boy wheel boards that had a strip and routed pegs that fit the speakers.  They drop on and off the wheelboards and stay put. 

Over time I plan on building some for other rigs (probably KW153's next) 

Our STX828's and KW153's are on casters with drop over covers.  I can stack the 181's  I need help to stack the 828's

Mine work great - the ratchet straps are easy enough to tighten if need be and they pretty much stay in place.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Jonathan Arce

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2018, 08:16:22 PM »

W0985 -v6 with brakes and
W0990 -v6 without brakes I believe

W09000-v6 and W09008-V6 are a bit wider.
Thanks for the info hope I get the right ones lol...I think I'm going to go with those with the brakes...they look much nicer than the jbl ones.

Jonathan Arce

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2018, 08:18:29 PM »

You need the cart, but not for the subs.

Either put casters on them or build a wheel board.  Getting them up on a cart to teeter totter is a major pain in the ass.
I plan on getting a cart pretty soon..to move other stuff also..true that..

boburtz

• SR Forums
  • San Francisco Bay Area
    • SoundWizard Productions
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2018, 11:41:24 PM »

W0985 -v6 with brakes and
W0990 -v6 without brakes I believe

W09000-v6 and W09008-V6 are a bit wider.
These 4" casters are better than the stock JBL ones, but the bolt holes don't "quite" line up. It's close enough to fudge it with a drill bit, but it's not a simple bolt-on couple of minutes...
We used the 990's and they are great. They are sealed enough not to rattle during use, and it's really nice not to have to store and hunt for a dolly board. 

glynng

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2018, 04:05:00 AM »

Hi there fam I need a little help...i was going to buy the jbl casters wk-4s I believe there called for my 4 srx subs for 89 dollars each set,but I think I saw here somewhere that there's better ones and cheaper..if any of you that own these subs can you give me the info where to find some good ones?

I was thinking to put some home depot casters that fit but some dealer told me that they are cheap and to just go with the jbl ones.

I have two sets of WK-4 casters for SRX-718S.  $50 each set if you're interested.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2018, 09:18:35 AM »

I have two sets of WK-4 casters for SRX-718S.  $50 each set if you're interested.

Hi glynng,

This thread is from march 2018 so the OP has probably already taken care of this by now.
Also you will need to change your display name to your real name to participate in these forums as per the rules when you joined.
Thank you.

Gilbert Medina

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2019, 10:15:00 PM »

These 4" casters are better than the stock JBL ones, but the bolt holes don't "quite" line up. It's close enough to fudge it with a drill bit, but it's not a simple bolt-on couple of minutes...
We used the 990's and they are great. They are sealed enough not to rattle during use, and it's really nice not to have to store and hunt for a dolly board.
I saw Debbie's note about the thread being old, but wanted to share...I bought the W9008-V6 model for my SRX828SP, and the mounting plates:

https://www.pennelcomonline.com/us/Penn-Elcom-Castor-Plate-set-of-4-to-Suit-Heavy-Duty-Castors-W0094/m-9131.aspx

I never tried bolting the castors on directly, but the plates worked without modification and allow the castors to be removed easily.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2019, 10:15:00 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 24 queries.