ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Blizzard’s Pixellixious pixel mapping in show express?  (Read 4108 times)

Brian Daniell

Blizzard’s Pixellixious pixel mapping in show express?
« on: March 29, 2018, 02:54:04 PM »

Hey everyone! So I have blizzards pixellicious led bar. I am trying to pixel map via show xpress so I can have my bands name scroll during our live show. Of course that fixture isn’t in showxpress...I’m having some serious issues trying to manually entire the fixture in pixels. I put the DMX address, vertical led’s 4 by horizontal led’s 40. Yes the DMX indicator on show xpress is green and I get noting. Any ideas?!? Help!

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
Re: Blizzard’s Pixellixious pixel mapping in show express?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2018, 03:30:14 PM »

Hey everyone! So I have blizzards pixellicious led bar. I am trying to pixel map via show xpress so I can have my bands name scroll during our live show. Of course that fixture isn’t in showxpress...I’m having some serious issues trying to manually entire the fixture in pixels. I put the DMX address, vertical led’s 4 by horizontal led’s 40. Yes the DMX indicator on show xpress is green and I get noting. Any ideas?!? Help!

Do you have the fixture in 480 channel mode?  That's right each one takes up a whole universe.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Brian Daniell

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2018, 05:20:58 PM »

Do you have the fixture in 480 channel mode?  That's right each one takes up a whole universe.

Oh man it needs to be in 480 channel mode to have the fixture text capable through pixels?!? I’ll try that thank you! If this works I’ll have to add another Universe.. and that will be another thread lmao

Brian Daniell

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2018, 09:52:57 AM »

Oh man it needs to be in 480 channel mode to have the fixture text capable through pixels?!? I’ll try that thank you! If this works I’ll have to add another Universe.. and that will be another thread lmao

That did the trick thank you!!!! Although one pixellicious isn’t enough you can’t really read the text 😕

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2018, 01:22:30 PM »

If you are going to continue down this path, I would highly suggest looking into Chamsys MagicQ for a controller and using Art-Net to the devices. That will remove the “not enough universes” problem.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2018, 02:08:33 PM »

If you are going to continue down this path, I would highly suggest looking into Chamsys MagicQ for a controller and using Art-Net to the devices. That will remove the “not enough universes” problem.

Precisely.  I've been tossing around the idea of using a few dozen of these panels (or a similar IP65 offering) to pixel map my trussing and this is the approach I'd take.  It'd be run from a rackmount PC and slaved to my ETC console for more user-friendly control.  At the same time I don't want my rig to end up looking like a carnival ride...hence I've held off thus far.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2018, 03:45:49 PM »

Precisely.  I've been tossing around the idea of using a few dozen of these panels (or a similar IP65 offering) to pixel map my trussing and this is the approach I'd take.  It'd be run from a rackmount PC and slaved to my ETC console for more user-friendly control.  At the same time I don't want my rig to end up looking like a carnival ride...hence I've held off thus far.

I saw a show where they had pixel mapped LED blinders on the truss.  I found it to be very appropriate.  I agree these would be too much on truss.  Narrow bands on drum riser and other set elements.

They also had small rotating pixel map displays that spun like a fan and rotated 360 degrees on the Z axis.  Those were nice set elements.
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2018, 05:29:34 PM »

I saw a show where they had pixel mapped LED blinders on the truss.  I found it to be very appropriate.  I agree these would be too much on truss.  Narrow bands on drum riser and other set elements.

They also had small rotating pixel map displays that spun like a fan and rotated 360 degrees on the Z axis.  Those were nice set elements.

I agree - lots of unique fixtures out there to choose from!  When the time comes I'll have to think much more carefully about what I'd want to do, but at least for the foreseeable future I have enough other business expenses that are both more important and offer a higher ROI that what this would get me.  It's sure fun to browse the products though!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2018, 05:29:34 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 25 queries.