ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upsides and downsides of putting grills on first generation JTR Growlers  (Read 2879 times)

Hanno Meingast

Recently purchased a pair of first generation Growlers from a member, who also threw in a pair of grill blanks.

These will be stored in a garage, and I would like them to be more mouse resistant, and also would like to use them as dollies for my mains.  The other option I can envision would be a plywood cover over the horn mouth, resting on pegs attached to the sides.

To attach a grill I would be using cleats, restricting the horn opening, and would still need a cover of some kind on top of the grill to lay stuff on.
I emailed Jeff a few weeks ago but have not had a reply

Any other information about these would be welcome, i.e. High pass, crossover frequencies and delay for tops. (SPL Runts)
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Art Welter

• Santa Fe, New Mexico

Hanno,

To avoid the complexity of a grill build, and still keep th e mice out you could make caster boards with corner pegs that fit in the horn openings for alignment. Put the caster board on while standing up, then tip the sub over on top.
Covering the caster board contact areas with carpet would keep abrasion down.

Basic HP setting would be around 37 Hz BW24, and cross around 100 Hz to the Runts. As a starting point, try around 6 MS delay on the Runts.

Cheers,
Art

Hanno Meingast

Thanks Art.
I already made caster boards for the back, but I can see how full boards for the front could make a lot of sense. Just the cost of the plywood and my time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ProSoundWeb Community

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 21 queries.