ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Sanyo projector issue  (Read 8265 times)

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
Sanyo projector issue
« on: March 25, 2018, 03:32:55 PM »

I have a problem with my Sanyo PLC-ZTC50L projector.

I am not getting white. Got green tinge where it should be white. Signal seems good. HDMI to DVI adapter at the projector. Signal is 1080i.

I have a table top tv out of a splitter and it shows correct colors.

A few weeks ago I had this issue while trying to test out some other gear. Then it went away and I had good video.

Last week I was checking out my HD Base-t and it worked fine.

Today doing a final check before packing it all up and the green is back.

Suggestions?

Assuming it needs repair, suggestions on repair folk in the Boston area?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Philip Roberts

• Church and H.O.W. Forums
  • South West MI
Re: Sanyo projector issue
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2018, 04:22:36 PM »

A few things that you probably have already  checked.

- Does the color tint happen on all inputs?

- Does the color tint happen with white areas of the projector menus?

- Have you reset all color adjustments in the projector?

Rob Spence

• Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2018, 04:28:36 PM »

I have a problem with my Sanyo PLC-ZTC50L projector.

I am not getting white. Got green tinge where it should be white. Signal seems good. HDMI to DVI adapter at the projector. Signal is 1080i.

I have a table top tv out of a splitter and it shows correct colors.

A few weeks ago I had this issue while trying to test out some other gear. Then it went away and I had good video.

Last week I was checking out my HD Base-t and it worked fine.

Today doing a final check before packing it all up and the green is back.

Suggestions?

Assuming it needs repair, suggestions on repair folk in the Boston area?

Thanks

So, it looks like the order of my devices is causing this?

I have 3 devices in series before the projector.
HD base-t receiver, an HDMI splitter, and an audio extractor.

HD base-t receiver to audio extractor to splitter to projector gets green

HD base-t receiver to splitter to audio extractor to projector gets white

On a whim, on the configuration that got green, I replaced the cable to the projector with an SDI link (hdmi to sdi, coax, sdi to hdmi) and got white again. I was surprised it worked at all. Perhaps my local tv satisfied the HDCP handshake?

Man, so much to learn.

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Jordan Wolf

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2018, 01:18:32 AM »

So, it looks like the order of my devices is causing this?

I have 3 devices in series before the projector.
HD base-t receiver, an HDMI splitter, and an audio extractor.

HD base-t receiver to audio extractor to splitter to projector gets green

HD base-t receiver to splitter to audio extractor to projector gets white

On a whim, on the configuration that got green, I replaced the cable to the projector with an SDI link (hdmi to sdi, coax, sdi to hdmi) and got white again. I was surprised it worked at all. Perhaps my local tv satisfied the HDCP handshake?

Man, so much to learn.

It could be that there was a color space issue - if you are dealing with SDI signal at any point in the chain, you’ll want to use YUV instead of RGB.

I have also encountered some finicky devices when HDBaseT was involved; random HDCP static/snow from lost handshakes, etc.

I basically gave up on HDBaseT (at least with Atlona products); maybe if I tried something from Extron or AJA...
Jordan Wolf
<><

"We want our sound to go into the soul of the audience, and see if it can awaken some little thing in their minds... Cause there are so many sleeping people." - Jimi Hendrix

Rob Spence

• Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2018, 12:13:46 PM »

It could be that there was a color space issue - if you are dealing with SDI signal at any point in the chain, you’ll want to use YUV instead of RGB.

I have also encountered some finicky devices when HDBaseT was involved; random HDCP static/snow from lost handshakes, etc.

I basically gave up on HDBaseT (at least with Atlona products); maybe if I tried something from Extron or AJA...

I am all HDMI as SDI doesn’t pass the HDCP handshake.

If this were analog I might suspect signal strength but I would think that with digital, it should either work or not.

Jordan Wolf

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2018, 04:12:48 PM »

I am all HDMI as SDI doesn’t pass the HDCP handshake.

If this were analog I might suspect signal strength but I would think that with digital, it should either work or not.

Gotcha.

It seems like there may be an EDID miscommunication between devices about capabilities, resulting in the green color issue.

Analog was easier to deal with, IMO - still a pain, but at least it gave you something to work with.
Jordan Wolf
<><

"We want our sound to go into the soul of the audience, and see if it can awaken some little thing in their minds... Cause there are so many sleeping people." - Jimi Hendrix

Rob Spence

• Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2018, 04:54:33 PM »

So that brings up a question I have been wondering about.
If I replace my A/B switch with something like a Roland V-1HD, how will EDID and HDCP work?
I am guessing that the input sources will think they are connected to a display all the time without regard for which input is actually being sent to the output?

This is so confusing.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2018, 09:27:06 PM »

So that brings up a question I have been wondering about.
If I replace my A/B switch with something like a Roland V-1HD, how will EDID and HDCP work?
I am guessing that the input sources will think they are connected to a display all the time without regard for which input is actually being sent to the output?

This is so confusing.

The switcher supports preview.  I don't know if that Roland is a scaler too.  The bottom line is yes the input is always processing frames as you can pull it up on the cue monitor too. 

With a switcher you should never see a projector Loss of Signal.  Most have memory so you can download images for transition and keying (like logo in bottom of screen).  My little Blackmagic does all of this but is not a scaler so I have to make sure all the inputs are the same resolution or use a scaler in between.

If you are in the market for a switcher BM has a new version of the Studio SD with a control surface built in.  It's cool but I have gotten by with a touch screen or even iPad control (you always have the front panel as backup, just not as tactile for wipes and fades).

I do have a question Rob.  Are you playing back copy protected content?  If not the HDCP is moot.  I use PC's and the BM playback deck and all SD distribution to our projectors.  The Runco's have SD interfaces the small 4k Proxima I use the micro converters.
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Rob Spence

• Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2018, 11:03:58 PM »

The switcher supports preview.  I don't know if that Roland is a scaler too.  The bottom line is yes the input is always processing frames as you can pull it up on the cue monitor too. 

With a switcher you should never see a projector Loss of Signal.  Most have memory so you can download images for transition and keying (like logo in bottom of screen).  My little Blackmagic does all of this but is not a scaler so I have to make sure all the inputs are the same resolution or use a scaler in between.

If you are in the market for a switcher BM has a new version of the Studio SD with a control surface built in.  It's cool but I have gotten by with a touch screen or even iPad control (you always have the front panel as backup, just not as tactile for wipes and fades).

I do have a question Rob.  Are you playing back copy protected content?  If not the HDCP is moot.  I use PC's and the BM playback deck and all SD distribution to our projectors.  The Runco's have SD interfaces the small 4k Proxima I use the micro converters.

Thanks Scott

To be specific, I am projecting a sports event (5 minutes) from a satellite receiver to a private group as part of a gathering. I have no way to know in advance about HDCP so I must assume it is required. The rest of the 5 hours is all PowerPoint or videos.

I should look at the BM switcher.

Rob Spence

• Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2018, 11:17:25 PM »

Scott, what is the actual BM model. I couldn’t find it.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2018, 11:17:25 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 25 queries.