ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Martin M-series now owned by Elation  (Read 4058 times)

John Fruits

Martin M-series now owned by Elation
« on: March 17, 2018, 05:32:45 AM »

www.elationlighting.com/news/index/view/id/1216/
I wonder what the next Harman Professional product to be spun off will be?
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.  There's also a negative side."-Hunter S. Thompson

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
Re: Martin M-series now owned by Elation
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2018, 11:45:48 PM »

I noticed that too.  It's been an interesting past several months for the console world with ETC now carrying the Hog Series, Chauvet acquiring Chamsys, and now Elation buying M-PC. 

Given Elation's past performance with consoles I can't imagine that this is a terribly good thing for the product line, but time will tell.  At the same time I've questioned the direction of Martin ever since Harman bought them so maybe it'll be a wash.  Given that Elation also markets Capture, that does open the door for some interesting potential product merges. 

John Fruits

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2018, 06:13:32 AM »

It might not be such a bad thing, considering this earlier news.
Elation news
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.  There's also a negative side."-Hunter S. Thompson

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2018, 12:51:33 PM »

Fair enough, and for what it's worth I own and use products from every manufacturer mentioned thus far plus many more (so I'm definitely not a brand snob).  I just have to look back on my previous experiences with the various companies, and while I wouldn't say that Elation doesn't innovate or provide decent service, they're not ETC or Clay Paky.  Elation's service (at least to me) has been more on the DJ/Club level combined with a relatively short service window for each product.  Not a huge deal, but as their products continue to increase in cost, the long term return on investment becomes more questionable...even more so for ADJ.  I guess time will tell how they choose to handle M-PC going forward.  Just my two cents of course. 

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2018, 12:51:33 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 24 queries.