ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stuck on Video Design  (Read 4171 times)

DavidPCherry

Stuck on Video Design
« on: March 08, 2018, 07:27:38 AM »

I have a project where an HDMI input is about 70' away from the switcher and power is not available at the input. I have used a couple of difference CAT5 extender baluns with little results. Crazy thing is, my Mac would work but Windows10 PC would not. Client uses a Windows10 PC. I need to be certain it will work regardless. Any suggestions to get me unstuck?

Erik Jerde

• Classic LAB
Re: Stuck on Video Design
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2018, 07:40:12 AM »

I have a project where an HDMI input is about 70' away from the switcher and power is not available at the input. I have used a couple of difference CAT5 extender baluns with little results. Crazy thing is, my Mac would work but Windows10 PC would not. Client uses a Windows10 PC. I need to be certain it will work regardless. Any suggestions to get me unstuck?

HDBaseT and proper cabling

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2018, 07:47:57 AM »

What is the HDMI source?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Caleb Dueck

• Sierra Vista, AZ
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2018, 07:52:05 AM »

HDBaseT and proper cabling
Correct.  Slight add - there are various options where the transmitter is powered by the receiver.  Extron, Atlona, Magenta Research, etc is where I'd start.   

Read up on HDCP, EDID, HPD first and make sure whichever brand you test in advance can manipulate/comply with these.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Experience is something you get right after you need it.

Joris Jans2

• Vester Theater Techniek
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2018, 02:36:34 PM »

you can use a HDMI --> SDI converter on the Tx side and a SDI --> HDMI converter on the Rx side. hdmi-->sdi powered by laptop's USB port or a USB Power bank

Caleb Dueck

• Sierra Vista, AZ
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2018, 09:06:33 PM »

you can use a HDMI --> SDI converter on the Tx side and a SDI --> HDMI converter on the Rx side. hdmi-->sdi powered by laptop's USB port or a USB Power bank
Not if HDCP is present.

Experience is something you get right after you need it.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2018, 11:19:21 PM »

Not if HDCP is present.

A couple years ago I saw the HDCP/EDID failure with the SDI conversion between source and projector.  Church family night picnic and movie.  We had stage inputs from the earlier events still in place so when they moved playback to the rear screen projector we dropped a stereo DI for the audio.  I'm not sure what they did to get the signal into it.  It all worked and eventually Nemo was found and swam happily ever after (or something).
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2018, 11:19:21 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 24 queries.