ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Ideal subwoofer  (Read 6881 times)

Nige Eastick

Re: Ideal subwoofer
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2018, 02:57:20 PM »

Hi Rob.

The singer has 12" Carlsbro tops, the model that i cant tell you.
What it is the band have there own Behringer europower mixer sub, they do have 15" subs unloaded, used for top mounting the tops!!
Yes i said why don't you get some stands, rather than humping subs around as a stand!! Fell on deaf ears!!.
Don't get me wrong i don't know a huge amount, but do have a basic understanding.

I also have a Alto ap 80 mixer amp, 8 channels 500watts @ 4ohms 275 @ 8ohms rms, bridged at 1000watts at 8ohm. Which i took and everybody used it, keyboard plugging in, guitars, vocals and speakers!!.
So now i thought sod this I'll get my own gear to reinforce bass drum at larger events, i will get a 2 channel crossover probably a behringer etc... and in the meantime i can use the mixer amp as a mixer for the subs ie line out from mixer amp L-R into amplifer, then into the subs, so basically using a the mixer amp for the eq, when i plug my drum mic into the mixer, yes ideally a unpowerd mixer would be better.
And if later on i do want to get some tops, or if i left the band, hence the crossover between main amp and mixer amp.

Regards Nige

Nige Eastick

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2018, 03:03:49 PM »

Hi Ivan.
Yes the singer will be using his PA, so i dont mind my crossover over to his tops, as he has a mixer amp, so can pan, eq etc... then at least the frequency is managed.
Nige

Nige Eastick

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2018, 03:22:36 PM »

Also i do appreciate any thoughts or suggestions, you have so you don't think im trying to be a smart arse!!.

Some people would say sell the mixer amp, and get a designated mixer 8 channels is more than enough, but i still can use my powered mixer from the outputs into imputs into main amp,  sort of bypass i guess.
Plus if the main amp goes down i have a spare amp, its all pros and cons at the end of the day!!. :)
And obviously i know if i used my mixer amp, the tops will that one, subs into my main amp.

Nige

Don T. Williams

• Midas Pro 1 & 2, M32, dbTech T12, T8, S30, DM12
    • Q Systems Music & Sound
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2018, 03:58:01 PM »

This is a little different scenario, but I have a drummer customer who decided he needed a sub for himself to add the kick feel to his in-ear-monitors.  A butt-kicker wouldn't work.  When he tried to run guitar and vocals to his ears with his ear mix feeding the sub, he ran into acoustic feedback problems.  Separate aux sends were not an option with the small mixer used.  We send the kick channel direct out from the console to his QSC KW181 and he sets the level he needs for the kick "feel" desired.  The IEM's can then get any mix he needs and only the kick goes to his sub.  The band plays a small club and the PA is a pair of 15" 2-ways that probably really need subs.  This solution works for him and actually does enhance his drum kit sound at the same time.

Nige Eastick

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2018, 04:07:55 PM »

Hi Don
Thanks for your reply. Yes thats the same scenario that im in, so i have my own dedicated sub for the mix, and i can control the eq myself. Here in the UK the butt kicker never really took off.

Nige

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2018, 04:07:55 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 24 queries.