ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Sanyo projector issue  (Read 8253 times)

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
Re: Sanyo projector issue
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2018, 12:15:21 AM »

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2018, 02:29:49 AM »

I have the ATEM Studio HD

This is the model I wish they made when I bought mine

I also have the playback deck

That looks super.
Priced similar to the Roland but has both HDMI and SDI inputs. One concern is only SDI output though I have SDI to HDMI converters.

I like the software control too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2018, 01:16:48 PM »

That looks super.
Priced similar to the Roland but has both HDMI and SDI inputs. One concern is only SDI output though I have SDI to HDMI converters.

I like the software control too.

I've used all of these BMD products and they all work very well.  For most simpler things, the 2/3 rack TV Studio HD has suited me fine.

BMD has VERY good remote control capability of all of their stuff including a variety of third party solutions.  That little HyperDeck MINI is also controllable directly from the same software as the switcher and i think will even do a playback directly upon switching to it's input on the TV Studio switcher.  I know it will with the bigger boy switcher models [as this is something we do a lot at work]

The HyperMini will also output Alpha Keyed playback for using it as a "bug" for branding or for those cool looking semi-tranparent lower thirds or wipes that all the big boys use.  Pretty amazing little box for the price....
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

Rob Spence

• Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2018, 02:01:01 PM »

I've used all of these BMD products and they all work very well.  For most simpler things, the 2/3 rack TV Studio HD has suited me fine.

BMD has VERY good remote control capability of all of their stuff including a variety of third party solutions.  That little HyperDeck MINI is also controllable directly from the same software as the switcher and i think will even do a playback directly upon switching to it's input on the TV Studio switcher.  I know it will with the bigger boy switcher models [as this is something we do a lot at work]

The HyperMini will also output Alpha Keyed playback for using it as a "bug" for branding or for those cool looking semi-tranparent lower thirds or wipes that all the big boys use.  Pretty amazing little box for the price....

Thanks for that. Since I already have some SDI to HDMI (BMD) converters, one length of coax would do the run from the switcher to the projector which is about 130 cable feet from mix position.

I would think that since all the nasty HDMI handshakes are done between the sources and the switcher, SDI would be fine to the projector.

Anyone know where to get a good price on one of these BMD TV Studio HD switchers?

Thanks

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Scott Holtzman

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2018, 02:54:25 PM »

Thanks for that. Since I already have some SDI to HDMI (BMD) converters, one length of coax would do the run from the switcher to the projector which is about 130 cable feet from mix position.

I would think that since all the nasty HDMI handshakes are done between the sources and the switcher, SDI would be fine to the projector.

Anyone know where to get a good price on one of these BMD TV Studio HD switchers?

Thanks

Since you asked in public too I will answer.  I bought mine when distribution was very limited from B&H.  I don't think these things are discounted anywhere to be honest with you.

The HD model I have does Alpha Key right in the box and one of the pro touches is to have the session logo in one of the corners of the screen for corporate event.

The Hyperdeck is killer for crawls too but we use it for almost all our playback.  Much more convenient than a laptop.

The switcher does not handle HDCP at all. 

I use cheap ($200) Chinese scalers.  They are OK however I am sure I will pick up Decimators or Grass Valley ADVC-G1's.  When you are getting paid thousands of dollars to playback a 5 minute video clip and bring a small PA and some mics you just don't want any chance of a screw up and the Chinese converters don't fit that mission.

So back to your app.  HDCP is a handshake, it has to talk to the remote device.  The cipher key for HDCP has been out in the wild since 2010 and I have seen devices that take care of the handshake and hand off clean video.  HDCP is as idiotic as DVD region codes.

So to be clear if you send a signal with HDCP flag to the Blackmagic you will not even get frame sync.

One other thing to keep in mind with pro gear is to mind your color space.   Most consumer stuff is RGB. Commercial is YUV.  The switcher is not a colorspace converter either!

So you must strip HDCP prior to the switcher, all resolutions and refresh rates must match.  I also try to output to the projector native and do all resolution scaling on inputs. 

The main driver for a switcher is eliminating the chance to go blue on your guests if the projector goes out of sync with the source, to preview sources and to manage transitions between sources.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 02:58:27 PM by Scott Holtzman »

Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Rob Spence

• Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2018, 04:00:45 PM »

Since you asked in public too I will answer.  I bought mine when distribution was very limited from B&H.  I don't think these things are discounted anywhere to be honest with you.

The HD model I have does Alpha Key right in the box and one of the pro touches is to have the session logo in one of the corners of the screen for corporate event.

The Hyperdeck is killer for crawls too but we use it for almost all our playback.  Much more convenient than a laptop.

The switcher does not handle HDCP at all. 

I use cheap ($200) Chinese scalers.  They are OK however I am sure I will pick up Decimators or Grass Valley ADVC-G1's.  When you are getting paid thousands of dollars to playback a 5 minute video clip and bring a small PA and some mics you just don't want any chance of a screw up and the Chinese converters don't fit that mission.

So back to your app.  HDCP is a handshake, it has to talk to the remote device.  The cipher key for HDCP has been out in the wild since 2010 and I have seen devices that take care of the handshake and hand off clean video.  HDCP is as idiotic as DVD region codes.

So to be clear if you send a signal with HDCP flag to the Blackmagic you will not even get frame sync.

One other thing to keep in mind with pro gear is to mind your color space.   Most consumer stuff is RGB. Commercial is YUV.  The switcher is not a colorspace converter either!

So you must strip HDCP prior to the switcher, all resolutions and refresh rates must match.  I also try to output to the projector native and do all resolution scaling on inputs. 

The main driver for a switcher is eliminating the chance to go blue on your guests if the projector goes out of sync with the source, to preview sources and to manage transitions between sources.

Any suggestions about satisfying the HDCP? I guess I need one device somewhere in my path before the switcher to do it? That would be the scaler you mention? I presume it pretends to be a display but sends unencrypted video to the output? Do you have some suggested devices?

In my current test setup, every time I unplug an hdmi cable, even though there is always one or more displays connected, I get the blue/blank screens everywhere for 5 seconds which I am guessing is the handshakes happening all over?

I appreciate all this patience with me while providing some terrific education.

Scott Holtzman

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2018, 05:06:27 PM »

Any suggestions about satisfying the HDCP? I guess I need one device somewhere in my path before the switcher to do it? That would be the scaler you mention? I presume it pretends to be a display but sends unencrypted video to the output? Do you have some suggested devices?

In my current test setup, every time I unplug an hdmi cable, even though there is always one or more displays connected, I get the blue/blank screens everywhere for 5 seconds which I am guessing is the handshakes happening all over?

I appreciate all this patience with me while providing some terrific education.

Yes, that's the handshake in the delay.  I don't think most scalers do anything with the HDCP bit.   I did a quick Internet search and didn't see anything definitive.  The splitters sold on eBay say HDCP stripper so they are designed to do this. 

Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Caleb Dueck

• Sierra Vista, AZ
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2018, 10:27:21 PM »

Yes, that's the handshake in the delay.  I don't think most scalers do anything with the HDCP bit.   I did a quick Internet search and didn't see anything definitive.  The splitters sold on eBay say HDCP stripper so they are designed to do this.

Not quite.  The better brand devices handshake with the source device, handshake with each destination (sink) device, and keep all links "hot".  That way signal can pass without hesitation, switches can be instant, etc. 

I've heard that many HDMI cheap devices are so low grade, they can't get HDCP right.  Until they get popular and then the HDCP has to be "fixed" and they no longer strip. 

There isn't a good, reliable, legal way to interface consumer and pro video gear currently.   

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Experience is something you get right after you need it.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2018, 10:27:21 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 25 queries.