ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Good deal on JBL PRX 735  (Read 4982 times)

Eric Underwood

Good deal on JBL PRX 735
« on: January 20, 2018, 10:47:25 AM »

I currently have passive seismic audio equipment. (2 18 inch subs and 2 dual 15 inch pa) and was wondering if 2 JBL PRX 735’s for $1000 is a good deal? I am trying to upgrade slowly and would hope that these would be louder than my seismic audio pa’s. Most of my dances are in gyms and have less than 250 people. I don’t have any pictures of them right now but there were no scratches or anything just a little bit of dust from sitting in this guy’s garage.

David Pedd

• Gilbert, AZ
Re: Good deal on JBL PRX 735
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2018, 11:20:06 AM »

I currently have passive seismic audio equipment. (2 18 inch subs and 2 dual 15 inch pa) and was wondering if 2 JBL PRX 735’s for $1000 is a good deal? I am trying to upgrade slowly and would hope that these would be louder than my seismic audio pa’s. Most of my dances are in gyms and have less than 250 people. I don’t have any pictures of them right now but there were no scratches or anything just a little bit of dust from sitting in this guy’s garage.

I would think those would be a fine upgrade.

Why is the guy selling them?  Are you able to test them hard before purchase?

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2018, 02:19:24 PM »

I also would not count on them being louder than the Seismic.  They will sound better, more graceful under pressure and are far better constructed. 

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Don T. Williams

• Midas Pro 1 & 2, M32, dbTech T12, T8, S30, DM12
    • Q Systems Music & Sound
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2018, 03:31:31 PM »

I also would not count on them being louder than the Seismic.  They will sound better, more graceful under pressure and are far better constructed.

Scott is correct.  JBL made PRX 725's with dual 15's and a horn.  My DJ customers wanted them and not the PRX 735 (which sounded a lot better) because they really did play louder.  Quantity usually trumps quality in the DJ market around here.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2018, 03:31:31 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 25 queries.