ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Channel priority in deploying (WWB6)  (Read 4468 times)

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
Channel priority in deploying (WWB6)
« on: March 02, 2018, 11:38:41 AM »

Is there a way to permanently assign priority order when running assign and deploy?
I.e. if I want IEM #1 and 2 to always get the 3-star frequency at the top of the list, is there a way to lock the list so they deploy in the priority I want every time?
Now I drag them into place but it would be great if there were a setting that allows me to set deployment priority permanently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

Jordan Wolf

Re: Channel priority in deploying (WWB6)
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 12:37:28 PM »

I’m not certain, but I think that gets saved in the coordination workspace file. I’ll have to try it this weekend.
Jordan Wolf
<><

"We want our sound to go into the soul of the audience, and see if it can awaken some little thing in their minds... Cause there are so many sleeping people." - Jimi Hendrix

Magnus Högkvist

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 03:45:34 PM »

Is there a way to permanently assign priority order when running assign and deploy?
I.e. if I want IEM #1 and 2 to always get the 3-star frequency at the top of the list, is there a way to lock the list so they deploy in the priority I want every time?
Now I drag them into place but it would be great if there were a setting that allows me to set deployment priority permanently.

I haven't tried it but from what i read You can make priority in groups. So make a group in what order You want them coordinated. Put one mic in each group.

Jordan Wolf

Channel priority in deploying (WWB6)
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 10:08:19 PM »

Here’sShure’s video on Coordination Order.

I’ve got 50-some WX mics to start coordinating for next week; I’ll give it a try based on the semi-random inventory I get in.
Jordan Wolf
<><

"We want our sound to go into the soul of the audience, and see if it can awaken some little thing in their minds... Cause there are so many sleeping people." - Jimi Hendrix

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2018, 04:08:38 AM »

Here’sShure’s video on Coordination Order.

I’ve got 50-some WX mics to start coordinating for next week; I’ll give it a try based on the semi-random inventory I get in.
That video looks to be only about specific product line priorities. I'm speaking of individual units within a same product. A different scenario.

i.e. I have 16 PSM1000 channels and no other wireless. I want unit #1 (the money channel) to be top priority. How do I enable that within WWB?
-Andy

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2018, 11:41:16 AM »

I can't find anything about Groups other than Monitor Groups. Do you mean Zones? That again looks like something more to do with different areas rather than devices.

Still haven't figured out if there's a way to set priority per channel.
-Andy

Henry Cohen

• Westchester Co., NY, USA
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2018, 01:11:36 PM »

I can't find anything about Groups other than Monitor Groups. Do you mean Zones? That again looks like something more to do with different areas rather than devices.

Still haven't figured out if there's a way to set priority per channel.

Because WWB doesn't provide that functionality. You can sort of fake it however by creating your own equipment profile (duplicate make/model of your choice but with a new name), use one or two channels of that in your inventory, set its compatibility to the x orders you desire, essentially making it more robust, then set everything else less strict. 
Henry Cohen

CP Communications    www.cpcomms.com
Radio Active Designs   www.radioactiverf.com

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2018, 03:56:23 PM »

WWB has "Inclusion Groups". They're designed to do a couple of different things (and are slightly more complicated to setup than Zones), but once setup they do allow you to set different compatibility levels for devices of the same type.

-Russ

Pete Erskine

• Best Audio
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2018, 05:54:25 PM »

That video looks to be only about specific product line priorities. I'm speaking of individual units within a same product. A different scenario.

i.e. I have 16 PSM1000 channels and no other wireless. I want unit #1 (the money channel) to be top priority. How do I enable that within WWB?

Coordination software isn't the way to pick the best channel for your money wireless.  After doing your coord, look at each freq in your spectrum analyzer and pick the one with the lowest noise floor with no other freq (or intermod) closer than 400 kHz either side.
Pete Erskine
917-750-1134
www.bestaudio.com
[email protected]

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2018, 06:07:19 PM »

WWB has "Inclusion Groups". They're designed to do a couple of different things (and are slightly more complicated to setup than Zones), but once setup they do allow you to set different compatibility levels for devices of the same type.

-Russ
Tried that. Doesn't work.
-Andy

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2018, 06:07:19 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 22 queries.