ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Intellievent  (Read 10529 times)

Al Rettich

Intellievent
« on: February 28, 2018, 01:54:19 PM »

Does anyone have problems with this software? We've been using this software for the past year or so, and the newest version (lightning) is killing us! Wondering if anyone else is having issues.

Brad Gibson

• Marketplace
    • Capital A Productions
Re: Intellievent
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2018, 10:45:52 PM »

Does anyone have problems with this software? We've been using this software for the past year or so, and the newest version (lightning) is killing us! Wondering if anyone else is having issues.

There are issues with the latest software, but the tec support we receive makes up for it.  They usually resolve problems the same day I report them.  I suggest getting to know someone over there and seek them out when you need them.  Even if that means daily.   
To be a trusted, valued and, respected, leader by being fair, fun, confident and honest.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
Status pf the open source project
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2018, 12:08:58 AM »

After two years nobody ever offered to help write a line of code or a real requirement spec.

I need it now more than ever and I finally have some folks that will work reasonably to get started on it.

My commitment to releasing it open source and offering it hosted still stands.  We are going to start coding in July. 

I will post the github link for easy installation on Linux. 

For folks that don't know how this works is you load linux on any old computer then access the software from a web browser on your PC/MAC/Phone/Smartfridge whatever.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: Status pf the open source project
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2018, 02:14:49 AM »

After two years nobody ever offered to help write a line of code or a real requirement spec.

I need it now more than ever and I finally have some folks that will work reasonably to get started on it.

My commitment to releasing it open source and offering it hosted still stands.  We are going to start coding in July. 

For folks that don't know how this works is you load linux on any old computer then access the software from a web browser on your PC/MAC/Phone/Smartfridge whatever.

My laptop Smartdfridge is out of coolant.  It didn't even send me a text or email. :((
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Riley Casey

• Wash DC
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2018, 10:33:13 AM »

But not for smart speakers?  Seesh, already behind the curve.  You get that it's probably a pretty small subset of Lab users / small sound co operators that have even a smidgeon of an idea as to what your last two lines meant right?  I've been working on this on a different software platform for twenty years and I've never booted a Linux install or seen a Github page.  Here's a couple of screen shots just so I can say I contributed something.  ;D

Scott Holtzman

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2018, 11:40:20 AM »

But not for smart speakers?  Seesh, already behind the curve.  You get that it's probably a pretty small subset of Lab users / small sound co operators that have even a smidgeon of an idea as to what your last two lines meant right?  I've been working on this on a different software platform for twenty years and I've never booted a Linux install or seen a Github page.  Here's a couple of screen shots just so I can say I contributed something.  ;D

I only needed a few volunteers to help code Riley. That was the contributions I was looking for. The rest only will need to know how to pop a CD or USB into a machine and load the server code.  You can even update from the web interface.

The decision to support an open platform was made so that all code would be under a public license, free to distribute and modify.  Easy to run on a local server or a public cloud like Amazon. 

What is yours written in, Filemaker?

Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Nathan Riddle

• Niceville, FL
    • Nailed Productions
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2018, 12:09:41 PM »

Like I said a year ago. I'm not sure how to help or what to do, but I am willing.

I was a test developer for a software company for 2 years writing jscript (C#) for Test Complete to test complicated software.

I'm great at hardware level coding and state machines as robots is what I mainly programmed in college.

So object oriented & data structures is new to me (and I'm pretty bad at it), but again; willing to help.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 12:13:17 PM by Nathan Riddle »
I'm just a guy trying to do the next right thing.

This business is for people with too much energy for desk jobs and too much brain for labor jobs. - Scott Helmke

Riley Casey

• Wash DC
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2018, 01:37:14 PM »

Yes, mine is built in Filemaker and while I can post screenshots of my FM database and perhaps shots of the file structure showing the veneer of the functions I have no idea how that would translate to database design from scratch in a basic coding language.  None of my stuff is web enabled even though FM has that capacity now simply because it seems like a bad idea even with the resources of a commercial software vendor behind it.  Doing it on a crowd sourced, home grown level seems even less a good idea but YMMV.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 02:07:21 PM by Riley Casey »

Scott Holtzman

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2018, 01:39:20 PM »

Like I said a year ago. I'm not sure how to help or what to do, but I am willing.

I was a test developer for a software company for 2 years writing jscript (C#) for Test Complete to test complicated software.

I'm great at hardware level coding and state machines as robots is what I mainly programmed in college.

So object oriented & data structures is new to me (and I'm pretty bad at it), but again; willing to help.

Nathan I will contact you offline but take a look at a PHP w/MySQL primer and something on Bootstrap (a responsive PHP library). 

Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2018, 01:39:20 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 26 queries.