Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Rental Management Software Project

Intellievent

<< < (2/2)

Scott Holtzman:

--- Quote from: Riley Casey on May 15, 2018, 10:33:13 AM ---But not for smart speakers?  Seesh, already behind the curve.  You get that it's probably a pretty small subset of Lab users / small sound co operators that have even a smidgeon of an idea as to what your last two lines meant right?  I've been working on this on a different software platform for twenty years and I've never booted a Linux install or seen a Github page.  Here's a couple of screen shots just so I can say I contributed something.  ;D

--- End quote ---

I only needed a few volunteers to help code Riley. That was the contributions I was looking for. The rest only will need to know how to pop a CD or USB into a machine and load the server code.  You can even update from the web interface.

The decision to support an open platform was made so that all code would be under a public license, free to distribute and modify.  Easy to run on a local server or a public cloud like Amazon. 

What is yours written in, Filemaker?

Nathan Riddle:
Like I said a year ago. I'm not sure how to help or what to do, but I am willing.

I was a test developer for a software company for 2 years writing jscript (C#) for Test Complete to test complicated software.

I'm great at hardware level coding and state machines as robots is what I mainly programmed in college.

So object oriented & data structures is new to me (and I'm pretty bad at it), but again; willing to help.

Riley Casey:
Yes, mine is built in Filemaker and while I can post screenshots of my FM database and perhaps shots of the file structure showing the veneer of the functions I have no idea how that would translate to database design from scratch in a basic coding language.  None of my stuff is web enabled even though FM has that capacity now simply because it seems like a bad idea even with the resources of a commercial software vendor behind it.  Doing it on a crowd sourced, home grown level seems even less a good idea but YMMV.

Scott Holtzman:

--- Quote from: Nathan Riddle on May 15, 2018, 12:09:41 PM ---Like I said a year ago. I'm not sure how to help or what to do, but I am willing.

I was a test developer for a software company for 2 years writing jscript (C#) for Test Complete to test complicated software.

I'm great at hardware level coding and state machines as robots is what I mainly programmed in college.

So object oriented & data structures is new to me (and I'm pretty bad at it), but again; willing to help.

--- End quote ---

Nathan I will contact you offline but take a look at a PHP w/MySQL primer and something on Bootstrap (a responsive PHP library). 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version