ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Parametric EQ frequency resolution  (Read 5458 times)

Nathan Salt

Re: Parametric EQ frequency resolution
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2018, 01:43:22 AM »

QU ALWAYS bothers me that I can't get the EQ back to zero dB gain (without reset) UGH, my OCD is kicking in.

Also, the pan L/R bothers me, the lights are in the center, but idk if the value is really zero, or it is slightly to the left or right.
Cool I'm not the only one haha
Nathan Salt

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2018, 01:19:22 PM »

Cool I'm not the only one haha

Quit mixing with your eyes.  Seriously.

Back in Ye Olde Analogue Dayz® the click detent of a rotary control probably was not in the exact electrical center of the element by at least 0.25dB.  You couldn't see it, didn't hear it and therefore it didn't matter.

That hasn't changed.  Pay attention to the sound, not the display.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2018, 02:45:23 PM »

Quit mixing with your eyes.  Seriously.

Back in Ye Olde Analogue Dayz® the click detent of a rotary control probably was not in the exact electrical center of the element by at least 0.25dB.  You couldn't see it, didn't hear it and therefore it didn't matter.

That hasn't changed.  Pay attention to the sound, not the display.
Back in the day I recall our european reps complaining about a german powered top box that they said was kicking our butt with stronger bass response. We brought one into the lab and checked it out. It turns out they were using a knob with splined shaft that was designed for horizontal orientation on a vertically oriented pot. The net result of this incorrect pot/knob combination was that the pointer when centered on the panel legend was actually commanding a small amount of bass boost.

Not enough to be an obvious problem but enough to phool some reps with low expectations.  :o

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

Art Welter

• Santa Fe, New Mexico
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2018, 02:51:02 PM »

Dave, you are correct, as noted, sometimes it is A220, occasionally A110.
Weogo,

A110, A220, A440, plus the octaves of the notes B, C#, D, E, F#, and G# all used in the key of A, 18 fundamental frequencies for just one key if we limit that to just 3 octaves and no harmonics!

I have seldom heard Bass, Guitar, Banjo, Mandolin and Fiddle all exclusively play only one note of the key they were in, so never have felt the need for using specific notes to set an equalizer to reduce a "roar"...

Art

John L Nobile

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2018, 11:05:15 AM »

Weogo,

A110, A220, A440, plus the octaves of the notes B, C#, D, E, F#, and G# all used in the key of A, 18 fundamental frequencies for just one key if we limit that to just 3 octaves and no harmonics!

I have seldom heard Bass, Guitar, Banjo, Mandolin and Fiddle all exclusively play only one note of the key they were in, so never have felt the need for using specific notes to set an equalizer to reduce a "roar"...

Art

I would think that would be a problem in rap music. Not sure about them having a key but some songs seem to have a "note". If you eq that out, you're left with no song at all.

Scott Helmke

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2018, 12:27:08 PM »

I would think that would be a problem in rap music. Not sure about them having a key but some songs seem to have a "note". If you eq that out, you're left with no song at all.

Then there's the time I had a feedback eliminator on the system and the bagpiper started up.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2018, 12:27:08 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 25 queries.