ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lectern Mics  (Read 7001 times)

TomBoisseau

Re: Lectern Mics
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2018, 11:03:42 PM »

I normally use a Shure A99WS windscreen instead of the supplied windscreen.

I also use the A99WS.  I have found even better results if, after pushing the windscreen onto the mic, I then pull it back out about 1/2".  This, obviously, creates an air gap that helps to reduce the "plosives" a little more.

Tom

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2018, 11:09:11 PM »

I also use the A99WS.  I have found even better results if, after pushing the windscreen onto the mic, I then pull it back out about 1/2".  This, obviously, creates an air gap that helps to reduce the "plosives" a little more.

Tom

All windscreens need that air gap to reduce plosives. You shouldn't push a windscreen down tight on a mic.

Mac

John Finney

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2018, 09:43:35 AM »

I'm still getting excellent results out of my Earthworks Flex Mic series hypercardioids.
The cardioids are great too. I use both with a windscreen...
 IMHO the Earthworks is worth the extra money as it is just that good.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 09:48:00 AM by John Finney »
SPL TD-1 x4, Yorkville Unity UCS1b Subs x4, Othorn Subs w/B&C 21SW152-4 drivers x2, Danley SH-100 x2, Danley TH-28 x2, Yorkville Unity U215 x2, EV ETX15p x4, EVXLTB15 x2, Tannoy V12 x2, Danley DSLP4800, XTA DP200, Yorkville U215 Processor, QSC PLD 4.5 x3, Crown MA12000i. also EAW, Meyer, JBL, Yamaha o1V ver2, QSC Touchmix 30

Guy Morris

« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2018, 06:21:40 AM »

What is everyone using for lectern mics these days? We stock the Shure variety, but looking to see if there is anything better out there?

Shure are hard to beat on all counts they really turn in a great result. I recently used some Audio Technica 935 mics and was so impressed I got a pair into stock. They are a shorter profile than the Shure flex range but their pick up from off axis (as we all know the speaker will never face forwards at all times) was very impressive and also they look discreet. I demoed some DPA's (big fan and user) and the result was excellent but cost wise they are expensive for a not so different result IMO

Andrew Roberts

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2018, 10:23:15 AM »

I've been using the AT u857 with the line gradient capsule for some time. It has a very tight pattern and yields lots of gain if there isn't a reflective surface behind the stage. It has a great windscreen and is relatively immune to plosives unless someone totally eats the mic. The downside is that, if you have someone turning their head a lot or two people, it drops off sharply.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2018, 10:23:15 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 25 queries.