ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wireless transmission - stationary transmitter and receiver  (Read 2188 times)

Scott Hibbard

Wireless transmission - stationary transmitter and receiver
« on: February 26, 2018, 09:26:49 AM »

Dear Forum Members,

I am looking to transmit audio approx. 150 feet for a church (one building to another - Sanctuary to Rectory).  I tested transmission with a Sennheiser handheld wireless last night and worked just fine (with a rated range of 300 feet).  This was just a test. The end state is a fixed transmitter and receiver.  Transmitter in sanctuary, receiver in Rectory connected to a small speaker to monitor services/masses.  I am considering using Listen Technologies RF72 system - which has a rated range of 1,500 feet. 

Receiver/transmitter:

LR-100-072 Stationary RF Receiver/Power Amplifier (72 MHz) - to connect to a small spot monitor
LT-803-072-01 Stationary 3-Channel RF Transmitter (72 MHz)

Does anyone have any experience with these?  Also, any other recommendations?  Receiver/transmitters must be fixed and powered by A/C (no batteries).  The Listen Technologies unit has a 15 watt amp built into the receiver to power a local speaker, but that is not a hard requirement.  I can always connect up a small powered monitor if someone recommends a transmitter/receiver combo that does not have any amp in it.

Thanks all!
Scott

Scott Helmke

Re: Wireless transmission - stationary transmitter and receiver
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2018, 09:41:14 AM »

There are a few systems that do that sort of thing, though quality varies. My suggestion would be for a Shure "point to point" system built from a PSM900 transmitter and a UHF-R receiver. The PSM900 (and PSM1000) transmitters have a "PTP" mode that does the exact UHF-R signal, and both ends would be AC powered.

BTW, the Sennheiser system is not "rated" for 300 feet - that sort of sounds like a guarantee which is definitely not given. More like it is advertised to be good for 300 feet assuming good frequency choice, antenna placement, etc.

Scott Hibbard

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2018, 09:52:18 AM »

There are a few systems that do that sort of thing, though quality varies. My suggestion would be for a Shure "point to point" system built from a PSM900 transmitter and a UHF-R receiver. The PSM900 (and PSM1000) transmitters have a "PTP" mode that does the exact UHF-R signal, and both ends would be AC powered.

BTW, the Sennheiser system is not "rated" for 300 feet - that sort of sounds like a guarantee which is definitely not given. More like it is advertised to be good for 300 feet assuming good frequency choice, antenna placement, etc.

Scott - thanks for the reply, and yes please excuse my misuse of the word "rated".  :-).  Advertised it a better choice of words. 

ScottH

Scott Hibbard

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2018, 08:45:07 PM »

Scott I wound up ordering the Listen Technologies 72MHz system with telescoping antenna.  LT support indicated 600 feet of transmission with this setup - and I need to go approx. 125 - 150 so I feel confident this will be a good solution.  I'll post back after I install it.

Henry Cohen

• Westchester Co., NY, USA
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2018, 09:18:13 PM »

Scott I wound up ordering the Listen Technologies 72MHz system with telescoping antenna.  LT support indicated 600 feet of transmission with this setup - and I need to go approx. 125 - 150 so I feel confident this will be a good solution.  I'll post back after I install it.

Be cognizant that outdoors that band can have a high RF noise floor as it's shared with two-way radio services, both terrestrial and aviation. And directly below (66-72) is TV channel 6, should it have an active DTV broadcast in your locale.
Henry Cohen

CP Communications    www.cpcomms.com
Radio Active Designs   www.radioactiverf.com

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2018, 09:18:13 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.