ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]   Go Down

Author Topic: Samsung View  (Read 54755 times)

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
Re: Samsung View
« Reply #180 on: February 24, 2018, 02:12:01 PM »

Did you finally hire your SSID ?  Not broadcast it that is ?  If not, do that and write down the name you assign.  That keeps all the devices in the house from banging of your network. For me, 2.4 and 5g on an Airport Express have been rock solid.  I use the Apple utility to find the least cluttered channel and have my SSID hidden.  I also do not use 192.168.nnn.nnn. Based addresses as every consumer device seems to want to default there.

I bowed out of reading about page 9...

Thanks Mal....

I had a lot of advice and help on here when I was going through this and we tried everything there was to try....some things WAY above me.
In the end there was nothing left to do but abandon the idea of using the Samsung. I was getting disconnects with the  tablet and router literally next to each other with all other devices off and I live in a rural area with very little wi fi traffic to influence anything so it was a problem from the start.
The developer made the change and now it is rock solid.

He was able to implement features from the iPad app and supposedly change the communication protocol to the one in use on the iPad app too.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Mal Brown

« Reply #181 on: February 24, 2018, 09:56:40 PM »

Not broadcasting your SSID will prevent random iPhones from finding your network.  When you join, you’ll have to type in the name of the network correctly and then your device will see it.  That preserves your bandwidth for you...  of course there will soon be a hack that obsoletes that approach.  There always seems to be...
Bass player, sound guy.
FB Gorge Sound and Light
FB Willyand Nelson
FB SideShow

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #181 on: February 24, 2018, 09:56:40 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 25 queries.