ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Automate Hire/Production Business  (Read 4294 times)

eric lenasbunt

• Bunt Backline Event Services, LLC
Re: Automate Hire/Production Business
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2018, 12:09:50 AM »

If you are only making 20% per gig on average you need to be doing higher price tag events. I’ll take 20% of a $10k gig all day. 20% of you $500 gigs, no thanks.

I would say either purchase your most common gear setups or get into higher end work.

If you want to “automate and create passive income” then service businesses don’t tend to work great.
Read Tim Farriss’s 4 hour work week, it’s all about how to do that.

If you want to stay in this business I’d recommend another book, the Pumpkin Plan by Mike Michaelowicz.
It’s about becoming more profitable by eliminating time and resource draining customers and adding better ones.

I don’t think you have an automation problem, you have a profitability problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nathan Riddle

• Niceville, FL
    • Nailed Productions
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2018, 12:14:22 PM »

That all said. & I agree.

I haven't used it, but look into LASSO for automation.
I'm just a guy trying to do the next right thing.

This business is for people with too much energy for desk jobs and too much brain for labor jobs. - Scott Helmke

Roland Clarke

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2018, 02:01:35 PM »

There’s a great movie called the founder about a Ray Kronk the founder of McDonalds (well as we know it).  He was struggling until someone explained that he had his business model wrong.

You are making the same mistake.  If you want to run a business as you describe it, small regional stuff isn’t going to do it for you, it’s far too competitive and the margins are small.  However, even without knowing the market you are in, the prices you are talking about are not feasible.  Your example of a 400 dollar job with three people involved is pointless.  In the U.K. a couple of speakers on poles will cost you £80 + vat (20% in the U.K.) if you pick them up.  That’s about 160 dollars.  Companies are paying 200 - 360 dollars for engineers.  I would never supply an operator at my cost.  Your 400 dollar job should be providing you with between 25-50% all day long.  If it isn’t, look at what you are spending out on and work out what you need to be doing to change that.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2018, 02:01:35 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 25 queries.