ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Windows, is it me?  (Read 7854 times)

Steve Litcher

• MixMasters Podcast
Re: Windows, is it me?
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2018, 01:54:44 PM »

Apple guy to the core (bad pun, but I started with an Apple ][+ back in 1981), but there are some applications that will *only* run on Windows... so frustrating.

So, I have a Dell touchscreen laptop that runs Win10 Pro. Disabled all of the auto-updating and things have been decent. It never gets connected to the internet - its sole purpose is to run Martin M-PC and our Lake controller. I also have a Surface Pro for our dLive Director (iPad version of Director is horrible)...

Really wish manufacturers would be consistent with platforms and support.

Edit: I should also add that my lifelong love affair with Apple is starting to wane... Airdrop no longer works between my iPhone 8 and MBP - tried all of the tips/tricks, visited Genius bar... no luck/fix.

And Airplay Mirroring - can anyone get that to work with video so that the video doesn't buffer/stutter/lag?? I'm using 5GHz wireless Airport Extreme to AppleTV with iPhone 8 - all devices in the same room. Ugh. Apple forums are full of complaints about this, going back to 2015. No resolution.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 11:25:36 AM by Steve Litscher »

Craig Leerman

• Global Moderator
  • Do Not Read This!
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2018, 04:57:37 PM »

Computers do not like me either.

I just spent the last 3 days in my shop going over every laptop (and a older desktop I turned into a recording system), split evenly between Windows 7 and 10.

There is an easy way to turn off the updates in 10. I found a video on YouTube that showed how to disable updates under the services tab. 

I'm so old, when I was doing FOH for Tommy Dorsey, to balance out the horn section I would slide their chairs downstage and upstage to mix!

TechWorksReno.com
Facebook.com/TechWorksReno
Pinterest.com/TechWorks0492

Erik Jerde

• Classic LAB
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2018, 08:58:03 PM »

Ended up going with a refurb iPad Pro, desktop portrait orientation stand, and a magic keyboard.  They were already familiar with iOS from the previous iPad I gave them so I could just transfer that unit over.  Too soon to know if it really was the right thing but it was cheaper than a new Mac and solves the problem of the dying iPad too.  Plus it’s pretty much impossible for them to screw up!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2018, 08:58:03 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.