ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Advice on Setup  (Read 4558 times)

Jamie Triplett

Advice on Setup
« on: February 15, 2018, 04:43:05 PM »

I'm setting a small sanctuary/dance/gathering space. I need to be able to host a dance party (like for a wedding), as well as yoga classes, and maybe a personal development speaker. I'm trying to create the best sounding setup on a medium budget ~3-4k max, and without having a lot of equipment showing.  I have a big bias towards QSC, as I use their active speakers in the live engineering I do, but this is the first install I've done.

The room is 35 ft wide north to south and 48 ft long east to west. The first posts are only a few inches from the wall, the second posts are 12 ft on center from the first. The next posts are then 24 ft from those.
My original desires are to have a permanent install with a pair of QSC 6" (AD-6T) speakers and a subwoofer (QSC S112SW) all mounted on the wall above the audience, and the second set of 6" speakers on delay about 1/3 of the way down (right about where the posts are in the forward third of the room) mounted on crossbeam.  As I stare at this room a little more I'm having second thoughts on my original equipment setup.  Especially around Subwoofer placement. Would a few of you be willing to take a look at this room and see what you might do with it?     

Thanks in advance

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
Re: Advice on Setup
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2018, 06:11:29 PM »

Hi and welcome......before anyone can help you, you will need to go into your profile and change your display name to your real name as it is a forum requirement...I am sure you will get lots of help once this is done .
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Jamie Triplett

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2018, 06:22:40 PM »

Hi and welcome......before anyone can help you, you will need to go into your profile and change your display name to your real name as it is a forum requirement...I am sure you will get lots of help once this is done .

Done, Thanks for letting me know. 

Steve Crump

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2018, 09:57:28 AM »

You might get more attention in the Lounge. Not sure...

David Allred

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2018, 10:08:43 AM »

The boxed center frame and the crossing arches give you a ton of options, for function and appearance.

As a consideration, a splayed center cluster pair on the 1st arch, for the first 2/3rds -ish of the room.  A 2nd pair on the middle arch for the back 1/3rd -ish.  A single speaker centered on the 1st arch firing to the "stage" area, whether house or monitor mix.  Sub(s) at 1st arch.  My first thought anyway.

Jamie Triplett

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2018, 06:14:44 PM »

The boxed center frame and the crossing arches give you a ton of options, for function and appearance.

As a consideration, a splayed center cluster pair on the 1st arch, for the first 2/3rds -ish of the room.  A 2nd pair on the middle arch for the back 1/3rd -ish.  A single speaker centered on the 1st arch firing to the "stage" area, whether house or monitor mix.  Sub(s) at 1st arch.  My first thought anyway.

Curious why you think the sub at the first arch?  How would that affect sound quality in the first 1/4 of the room or so?

David Allred

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2018, 08:53:33 PM »

Curious why you think the sub at the first arch?  How would that affect sound quality in the first 1/4 of the room or so?
n

Because that is where the first speakers are.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2018, 10:00:34 PM »

n

Because that is where the first speakers are.

And because subs are more omni than not.  There will be nearly equal sub energy behind the box.   This presents other considerations but as you point out it will be easier to align with the tops.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2018, 10:00:34 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 25 queries.