ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need help with Roland M200i  (Read 2765 times)

Dan Radmacher

Need help with Roland M200i
« on: February 16, 2018, 04:08:23 PM »

Greetings.

I play in a worship band for a small-ish church — sanctuary seats around 200, I think. We have a Roland M200i with a digital snake up near the pulpit.

We have been struggling to get monitoring right. We have one M48, which we connected to a wireless transmitter, but found we really wanted individual mixes, especially for the instrumentalists. We decided to go with individual headphone amps connected to the Aux outs on the snake for the instrumentalists, using SEND ON FADERS so the sound guy can adjust each mix, while keeping the singers on the wireless. It's working fairly well with a couple of oddities, one more severe than the other:

Some instruments are not coming through on some of the Aux outs. For instance, Aux Out 2 and Aux Out 3 cannot hear the drums. Aux Out 4 and Aux Out 5 cannot hear the keyboards.

We cannot figure out why this is happening or what setting could possibly effect it.

The other issue is that Channels 1-5 on the M48 seem locked to Aux 1-5. They get the same signal, and we can't figure out how to change that. That issue is secondary, though, and far less of a problem than the first issue.

Can anyone help?

gordonmcgregor

Re: Need help with Roland M200i
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2018, 03:13:13 PM »

Hi there I've got an M200 does anything come out of the Auxes you're struggling with at all? If it doesn't check the routing of the aux master if it does then 1st make sure the offending aux send is turned on for each channel this one has caught me :( otherwise be careful you're not sending to a Matrix rather than an Aux. if you press say auxes 1 and 2 send on faders buttons at the same time you're onto matrix 1 There is a bug which shows up sometimes with stereo linked channels where if you unlink them sometimes it's not possible to reset aux levels the only way I've found to clear this is change the input patch on the affected channels and reset them back to where you want them, I've not seen this on the later firmware so might be worth an update.

The M48 thing is the default REAC routing, REAC will always put the 1st 8 auxes on the REAC stream then the remaining 32 channels, so when you set up your input matrice for the M48, mic input channel 1 will default to REAC out 9 you can change this by selecting the direct outs of the individual channels to start at 1 etc. though be careful here with actual aux out sends that are going to your headphone amps. The least confusing way to use an M48 is through the RCS program and M48 manager there you assign anything to any of the M48's channels just make sure you select the "mix only assigned sources" tab and  name everything channel wise 1st it's a lot easier to deal with that way.

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Need help with Roland M200i
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2018, 03:13:13 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 24 queries.