ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Presentation Annotation Help  (Read 4040 times)

Brandon Sexton

Presentation Annotation Help
« on: February 14, 2018, 01:51:10 PM »

Hi all
I'm looking for a solution to use for annotation during medical conference presentations.  My setup currently has 2 presentation computers that are switch by a Extron HDMI matrix to dual projectors and a podium confidence monitor (presentation mode).  I'm being asked to build a solution that will allow my radiology doctors to highlight/annotate xray images that are embedded in their powerpoint.  I know that powerpoint has this ability but the computers are located at the rear tech table with me.

Any ideas?

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Re: Presentation Annotation Help
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 03:28:52 PM »

Hi all
I'm looking for a solution to use for annotation during medical conference presentations.  My setup currently has 2 presentation computers that are switch by a Extron HDMI matrix to dual projectors and a podium confidence monitor (presentation mode).  I'm being asked to build a solution that will allow my radiology doctors to highlight/annotate xray images that are embedded in their powerpoint.  I know that powerpoint has this ability but the computers are located at the rear tech table with me.

Any ideas?

The solution I usually see is a third computer hookup at the lectern. Let them run their presentation on their computer.

Mac

Jordan Wolf

Presentation Annotation Help
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2018, 04:47:13 PM »

Our typical setup utilizes a KVM Switch with a USB extender that gives the presenter a keyboard, mouse, and monitor at the podium.

The KVM can handle multiple sources (main, backup, client) and switching is either able to be automatic or manual.

EDIT: the model we use is an Avocent SV340H. I’ve see others that integrate HDBaseT and USB extenders in the unit itself, as well.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 05:00:22 PM by Jordan Wolf »
Jordan Wolf
<><

"We want our sound to go into the soul of the audience, and see if it can awaken some little thing in their minds... Cause there are so many sleeping people." - Jimi Hendrix

Alexandre Benterud

• Amtor Sound Co.
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2018, 02:52:17 PM »

Hi all

Any ideas?

Hi Brandon-

I've used the Extron Annotator 300 for this kind of functionality.  I needed a solution where I could annotate over any source in the AV system.  This is an HDCP compliant hardware annotator, so you are not relying on some software program that only resides on a single computer in the system.  You'll be able to annotate over live presentations using a touch display, graphics tablet, or a USB mouse.

https://www.extron.com/product/product.aspx?id=annotator300&s=5#desc

There are a couple of ways to rig this up into your system. 

1- One option is to house the Annotator 300 directly adjacent to your podium confidence monitor.  Instead of the HDMI/DVI source going into the confidence monitor, it will go into input #2 at the Annotator 300.  Then one of the output channels goes into the confidence monitor and the other will go back into an input at your HDMI matrix switcher so you can send the annotated signal up to your projectors.

2- The other option is to locate the Annotator at your HDMI matrix switcher...you'd take an output from your switcher into the HDMI input at the annotator, and then route the two output channels back into two HDMI inputs at your matrix switcher.  You'll then just need to extend the USB touch screen connectivity over to the podium.

The system will work with a wide variety of touch displays and graphics tablets from third-party manufacturers, and also can be used with standard HID interfaces, including touch displays, keyboards and mice.

Another bonus feature is it can also do screen shot capture...either saving to a USB flashdrive or a network storage destination.

Here's a diagram to help demonstrate the functionality...it doesn't show your HDMI matrix but it should get you an idea on the signal flow.

-Alex

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2018, 02:52:17 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 25 queries.