ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Community CSX57-S2 Help!  (Read 14269 times)

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
Re: Community CSX57-S2 Help!
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2018, 07:27:18 AM »

I would rather passive unless you recommend a powered setup that goes really low. I want more output, better lows and clearer highs and looking to stay in the 5k range
Is that 5K for subs and tops?

What amps do you have?  Or is that to be included also?
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Rick Powell

« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2018, 09:31:23 AM »

Is that 5K for subs and tops?

What amps do you have?  Or is that to be included also?

And, if your amps don't have built in processing, do you have a processor, and what is it?

Nicholas Johnson

« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2018, 12:23:12 PM »

And, if your amps don't have built in processing, do you have a processor, and what is it?

5k for subs and tops. I have the Behringer NU6000 that I just bought to try out and I like it. I'm thinking of getting the DSP version. I also have 2 crown power base 3 for tops. I'm thinking of getting rid of the crowns and getting another nu6000 with DSP.

Don T. Williams

• Midas Pro 1 & 2, M32, dbTech T12, T8, S30, DM12
    • Q Systems Music & Sound
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2018, 10:21:36 PM »

A word of warning.  The DSP and non DSP versions won't sound the same.  There is latency (delay from the time it takes to process the signals digitally) in the DSP versions.  There also seems to be some difference in the sensitivity between the models.  I would suggest another non DSP version and a separate processor.

Nicholas Johnson

« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2018, 12:41:29 AM »

A word of warning.  The DSP and non DSP versions won't sound the same.  There is latency (delay from the time it takes to process the signals digitally) in the DSP versions.  There also seems to be some difference in the sensitivity between the models.  I would suggest another non DSP version and a separate processor.

Thanks for the info. What processor do you recommend? I would like something simple.

Don T. Williams

• Midas Pro 1 & 2, M32, dbTech T12, T8, S30, DM12
    • Q Systems Music & Sound
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2018, 11:04:40 AM »

I'm not trying to make this harder, but by "simple" do you just want something that works as a crossover, or are you wanting compression/limiting and parametric filters?  If you want the latter, its a lot more complex.  Do you have a way to test and set it up for maximum performance?

Its possible Community can recommend a processor and/or assist you with suggested settings, but that is a legacy product.  With some of the newer passive systems manufacturers (QSC and JBL come to mind) they have processors or processing amps that are pre programed to match the loudspeakers.  Those are "simple" to use because engineers have already done the work for you.  I'm not saying this is the only way to get improved sound from your existing system, but maximizing the results is a complex process!

Nicholas Johnson

« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2018, 03:51:00 PM »

I'm not trying to make this harder, but by "simple" do you just want something that works as a crossover, or are you wanting compression/limiting and parametric filters?  If you want the latter, its a lot more complex.  Do you have a way to test and set it up for maximum performance?

Its possible Community can recommend a processor and/or assist you with suggested settings, but that is a legacy product.  With some of the newer passive systems manufacturers (QSC and JBL come to mind) they have processors or processing amps that are pre programed to match the loudspeakers.  Those are "simple" to use because engineers have already done the work for you.  I'm not saying this is the only way to get improved sound from your existing system, but maximizing the results is a complex process!

I would like to see both options and then choose. I think I might lean towards a crossover and eq setup but I would still like to see what you guys recommend. I use mostly my ears for testing and the audiotools app.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2018, 03:51:00 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.