Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Installed Sound/Contracting

DiGiCo 4rea4

(1/2) > >>

Erik Jerde:
So DiGiCo has a new thing:  http://www.digico.biz/4rea4/. 

I don't get it, I've tried.  Who wants one of these and what's your use case?

It seems like there's tons of I/O relative to the number of channels it can actually process.  I'd rather just have an actual console.  Plus yet another cat5 snake?  Really?  We've got Dante, I've got no desire to deploy a proprietary distributed digital snake system when Dante is already here.

Scott Holtzman:

--- Quote from: Erik Jerde on February 10, 2018, 12:39:49 AM ---So DiGiCo has a new thing:  http://www.digico.biz/4rea4/. 

I don't get it, I've tried.  Who wants one of these and what's your use case?

It seems like there's tons of I/O relative to the number of channels it can actually process.  I'd rather just have an actual console.  Plus yet another cat5 snake?  Really?  We've got Dante, I've got no desire to deploy a proprietary distributed digital snake system when Dante is already here.

--- End quote ---
This looks pretty cool.  It's an installation product.  Will be cool to see if you can control from Crestron.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Erik Jerde:

--- Quote from: Scott Holtzman on February 10, 2018, 09:25:42 AM ---This looks pretty cool.  It's an installation product.  Will be cool to see if you can control from Crestron.

--- End quote ---

So what kind of use case would you see it in?  There's plenty of DSP platforms out there that can do more.

Scott Holtzman:

--- Quote from: Erik Jerde on February 10, 2018, 11:45:50 AM ---So what kind of use case would you see it in?  There's plenty of DSP platforms out there that can do more.

--- End quote ---
It's a Digico.  My guess is they want a hat in ring for the lucrative install market.

Brendon Paul:
So.... this looks to be a product of the digico / Allen and Heath partnership. Its a dLive ip6 / ip8 with director software with a rebadge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version