ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: best arena sound...ever!  (Read 15425 times)

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: best arena sound...ever!
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2018, 11:51:22 AM »

Milind,

As noted in the other thread, your Display Name *DOES* need to be your Real, Full Name. Please return to your Profile and update your Display Name to reflect your Real, Full Name to continue participating in these forums.

Also, you've linked twice now to the same website (different URL, same site). I hope that if you are in any way affiliated with that company, you will disclose such affiliation in compliance with the rules on manufacturer participation. Alternatively, a quick explanation of how you're aware of that company (i.e. "My venue's used them several times and the product has been great!") will alleviate any concerns regarding a potential conflict of interest.

Thanks!

Ray

It's SPAM, Ray.  And it's deleted.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2018, 12:58:18 PM »

Yeaaahhhhhh and you know me, always hoping for the best intentions from people. :-)

-Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

John Fruits

« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2018, 01:29:09 PM »

HEY!!! What's wrong with SPAM (this is also a reference to the unwarranted PEAVEY bashing that goes on), If it's good enough for all those people in Hawaii and Monty Python, it's good enough for me.
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.  There's also a negative side."-Hunter S. Thompson

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2018, 02:02:35 PM »

HEY!!! What's wrong with SPAM (this is also a reference to the unwarranted PEAVEY bashing that goes on), If it's good enough for all those people in Hawaii and Monty Python, it's good enough for me.

Eggs bacon and Spam, Spam Spam and Spam.

Hormel is happy now. ;)
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2018, 03:50:19 PM »

Hormel is happy now. ;)
You should state if you're an authorized Hormel dealer or you will be punished.
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2018, 06:19:59 AM »

Hormel is happy now. ;)
But I don't like Spam! ;D
I don't care enough to be apathetic

Luke Geis

• Owner of Endever Music Production's
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2018, 12:25:40 PM »

I live near UCSB and their basketball arena is called The Thunderdome. Apparently in the late 80's after a resurgence in the Gaucho's basketball team, it was so loud that one commentator said it was louder than thunder in there. It became more popularly known as the Thunderdome right around then.  The floor of the arena is ranked as being the third best design for a basketball floor. Perhaps why it sounds sort of like thunder when everyone is stomping feet and yelling?

I did sound there once many years ago with a Meyer Mica array. It was ok, but the room just allows sound to roll around for ever it seems. The venue is really nice though and the seating is neat. It is a multipurpose facility and the bleachers roll out onto the floor from all directions. With up to 5,000 people screaming and stomping feet, it must get loud, because it is not that big of a facility for that many people.
I don't understand how you can't hear yourself

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2018, 12:25:40 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 25 queries.