ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yamais Tf1 to behringer digital stage box.  (Read 1596 times)

patrick major

Yamais Tf1 to behringer digital stage box.
« on: February 05, 2018, 11:44:47 am »

Is it possible to connect my tf1 to a behringer digital stage box thru Ethernet?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 12:21:12 pm by patrick major »

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: Yamais Tf1 to behringer digital stage box.
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 12:08:03 pm »

Is it possible to connect my tf1 to a behringer digital stage box thru Ethernet? Aes50.

No.

Digital i/o boxes are proprietary to the mixer manufacturer.

What made you think this might even be possible? Yamaha doesn't use AES50, they use Dante.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 12:10:10 pm by Tim McCulloch »
"Practicing an art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow, for heaven's sake. Sing in the shower. Dance to the radio. Tell stories. Write a poem to a friend, even a lousy poem. Do it as well as you possible can. You will get an enormous reward. You will have created something."  - Kurt Vonnegut

patrick major

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 12:19:25 pm »

Ok sorry I am looking at replacing my behringer with a tf1 and I wasn't sure of connections thanks

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2018, 01:24:43 pm »

No.

Digital i/o boxes are proprietary to the mixer manufacturer.

What made you think this might even be possible? Yamaha doesn't use AES50, they use Dante.

Lots of people think that if the connectors take cat5 cable, then it must be standard Ethernet and IP networking.

To the OP, most mixer designs require stage boxes designed to be compatible with the specific mixer. Even stage boxes from the same brand are not assured to work. For example, dlive stage boxes from A&H donít work with the QU series.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Hanno Meingast

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2018, 02:20:57 pm »

Lots of people think that if the connectors take cat5 cable, then it must be standard Ethernet and IP networking.

To the OP, most mixer designs require stage boxes designed to be compatible with the specific mixer. Even stage boxes from the same brand are not assured to work. For example, dlive stage boxes from A&H donít work with the QU series.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

What you can do is use two S16, with the cable. 16 inputs, 8 outputs, with the remaining 8 available on adat.  I.E using two stageboxes as a snake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2018, 03:29:37 pm »

What you can do is use two S16, with the cable. 16 inputs, 8 outputs, with the remaining 8 available on adat.  I.E using two stageboxes as a snake

If you're going to go to that trouble you might as well just get a Dante card for your X32 and then connect the TF1 to the X32. (It's not something I'd actually suggest doing, but it would technically work, and since you already have an X32 the Dante card would be much cheaper than getting more stage boxes.)

-Russ

Hanno Meingast

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2018, 03:49:51 pm »

If you're going to go to that trouble you might as well just get a Dante card for your X32 and then connect the TF1 to the X32. (It's not something I'd actually suggest doing, but it would technically work, and since you already have an X32 the Dante card would be much cheaper than getting more stage boxes.)

-Russ
I wasn't suggesting that anyone 'should' do it, merely that one could:)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nathan Riddle

• Niceville, FL
    • Nailed Productions
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2018, 04:14:08 pm »

What Behringer do you have? X32 /variant I'm assuming if mentioning stage boxes.

I know this is off topic, but in the best interest of you/your church:
Why the desire to move to TF1?

The x32 variants have more capability than a TF1.

Is it lack of training? There are hundreds of youtube videos that teach that sort of thing, the yamaha won't solve a knowledge issue.
I'm just a guy trying to do the next right thing.

This business is for people with too much energy for desk jobs and too much brain for labor jobs. - Scott Helmke

ProSoundWeb Community

¬ę Reply #7 on: February 05, 2018, 04:14:08 pm ¬Ľ

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 22 queries.